Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 08-25-2021, 09:59 AM   #1
darkphoenix0
darkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolate

Device: Tolino Vision 3 HD
tolino-calibre-sync - Sync your Calibre library into the tolino cloud!

Hello,

having recently been gifted an old Tolino Vision 3 HD, I was admittedly a bit intrigued by their cloud system - I had my existing Calibre library, but transferring them by USB when there was a perfectly good cloud sync that let you upload your own books *right there* just didn't feel right. So after doing some digging and finding some prior (semi-maintained) reverse engineering efforts, I put together a simple tool called tolino-calibre-sync that'll as of right now take your entire Calibre library, upload every book (making sure to leave alone stuff that is already there), add the metadata and cover from your Calibre library (overriding things stored in the epub), and even create a collection for every series you have defined in Calibre.

It's a rather simple tool right now - it's deliberately not a Calibre plugin as it's intended to run as a cron job, so for now you'll need to run it as "calibre-debug tolino-calibre-sync", and you'll need to figure out some way to get at the very least the "requests" library, which I usually do by using the Calibre package from my Linux distribution, which uses system Python, rather than a binary release, which uses an embedded Python.

Obviously all feedback is welcome, and I'll try to figure out a better way to run this eventually, but I figured I couldn't be the only one interested in this sort of thing, and it's at this stage at least configurable and reasonably user-friendly, I hope.
darkphoenix0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 11:01 AM   #2
darkphoenix0
darkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolatedarkphoenix0 is generous with chocolate

Device: Tolino Vision 3 HD
Small update, I added a slightly hacky solution that is the ability to point it at a dist-packages/site-packages folder that has requests - i.e., you use Calibre's bundled Python, but point it at your system Python which has requests. With this, I've even got it working on Windows.
darkphoenix0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert