Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-26-2022, 03:47 PM   #30706
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post

Next, a recent purchase, Way of the Wolf by E.E. Knight.
This one was interesting. Somewhat tense and scary ... at least for my taste. Lots of violence. Some drug use, profanity and one sex scene. In summary, very realistic behaviors with resulting outcomes in a post-apocalyptic world with aliens. That's what, I think, made this book interesting to me. Writing and dialogue competent. Rated B- [4 stars].

Next, something much lighter, The Hypnotists by Gordon Korman. Library loan.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 04:21 PM   #30707
Bookstooge
Addict
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
This one was interesting. Somewhat tense and scary ... at least for my taste. Lots of violence. Some drug use, profanity and one sex scene. In summary, very realistic behaviors with resulting outcomes in a post-apocalyptic world with aliens. That's what, I think, made this book interesting to me. Writing and dialogue competent. Rated B- [4 stars].

If you liked the first Vampire Earth book by Knight, the rest are of the same quality with the usual variance book by book.

I remember Korman from the early 90s. I assume it is the same guy anyway. Wrote about 2 kids in middle or highschool and their hijinks?
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:23 PM   #30708
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
If you liked the first Vampire Earth book by Knight, the rest are of the same quality with the usual variance book by book.

I remember Korman from the early 90s. I assume it is the same guy anyway. Wrote about 2 kids in middle or highschool and their hijinks?
I'll continue with the Vampire Earth at a later time. I need a break ... it raised my blood pressure.

It's the same Korman. This is a MG/YA from 2013.
Old Yesterday, 06:31 AM   #30709
Bookstooge
Addict
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
I'll continue with the Vampire Earth at a later time. I need a break ... it raised my blood pressure.

It's the same Korman. This is a MG/YA from 2013.
Thanks for the confirmation about Korman. Guess I should check him out after I'm done my Dahl re-read :-)

I just finished up another Ellery Queen "mystery", On the Eighth Day. I'm giving Queen one more chance after this and then I suspect he and I will part ways.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM   #30710
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:

Were werewolves involved?
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM   #30711
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
Is Prince of Thorns your first Lawrence?
Yes. I'm about halfway through and really getting into it now. I have the two sequels lurking on my Kindle and will definitely be reading them, though I may alternate with other Fantasy books.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM   #30712
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
Were werewolves involved?
No, and the vampires are different.
Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM   #30713
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Lenovo P11
Five chapters into Martin Edwards newly published magnum opus on crime fiction The Life of Crime: Detecting the History of Mysteries and their Creators. The Kobo edition gives a page equivalent of 1005, which translates to 1593 "clicks" on my Sage. A fascinating book so far and I've discovered a handy way to greatly speed up reading and minimize the disruption from all the many footnotes. I am reading on my Sage while keeping the book open in the Kobo app on my tablet at the notes section. Less to and fro should also mean less battery drain, important on a Sage
Uncle Robin is online now   Reply With Quote