Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2019, 06:27 AM   #31
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
My Aura 1 has now shipped! Crossing fingers that both arrive with no damage.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:05 AM   #32
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Mine still haven't cleared customs.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2020, 06:30 AM   #33
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine haven't updated since the 13th and the 21st. One says cleared customs. So, could arrive any time. I had a silicone case for a FIRE coming from China that never updated, and arrived earlier this week.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:07 AM   #34
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Just here to update my status:
Nothing changed since 6th december, where my Ed1 cleared customs the second time.
I don't know, but maybe it has something to do with the corona virus. Nonetheless I contacted the seller for refund but I dont think he will answer so on weekend I will contact ebay for refund again.
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:13 AM   #35
Tuneraider
Connoisseur
Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle, Tolino, Nook
Have you checked the seller's feedback lately?
Tuneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2020, 11:18 AM   #36
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Mine say's Estimated delivery Tue, Jan 07 - Mon, Feb 17 so even if I complain to ebay they won't do anything until after the 17th Feb.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:33 PM   #37
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I have 2 pending, one by Feb 12, one a bit later. So I have to wait before I file a claim.

There is a problem with both sellers I bought from, both have set their feedback to private and have accumulated a lot of negatives. So it's looking pretty grim. But supposedly they were shipped, so I am still a little hopeful.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #38
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At the time I bought this item, the seller got lik 8 bad feedbacks in the last 6 months. Not he has over 60 within the last month alone and set them to private, yes.

Well I guess they didn't wanted to scam, I really think it has something to do with the current situation in china. But I still want my money back because I really don't know
Old 02-08-2020, 07:14 AM   #39
AnimalOfArt
Groupie

Okay, Aura Edition 1 was refunded successfully. On Monday I can request a refund for the Edition 2.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:29 AM   #40
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
don't you guys get / need to factor in a big customs import bill if such things do arrive?.
I know that for goods incoming to the Uk, with a few low value exceptions, they will slap 20% VAT AND a handling fee on any item arriving from outside of EU. its 20% based on declared value on the customs form so there is scope for asking for a low value to be declared, but customs are wise to such scams and may take further action.
a £15 handling admin fee is a big hit on a £20 chinese bargain !
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:28 AM   #41
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Anything from outside EU (and probably UK after 31st December 2020) over €20 TOTAL inc Shipping value:
Customs in Ireland want a traceable Invoice before release because there were so many fake customs declarations.
Also 23% on total including shipping. And a handling charge.
Most of the EU is similar.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:45 PM   #42
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Yes, I buy very cheap things from China via eBay and they go through ok.
Not sure how a £20 e reader device would be treated. Customs are also very twitchy about stuff with lithium batteries inside. There is supposed to be extra paperwork and compliance steps...

But a £2 bird toy is ok, and my birds appreciate a bargain
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:17 PM   #43
AnimalOfArt
Groupie

Here in germany, everything shipped from outside EU that is under 26€ (including shpping costs) won't get any fee or taxes on top of it!
Old 02-08-2020, 09:17 PM   #44
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Yes, I buy very cheap things from China via eBay and they go through ok.
Not sure how a £20 e reader device would be treated. Customs are also very twitchy about stuff with lithium batteries inside. There is supposed to be extra paperwork and compliance steps...

But a £2 bird toy is ok, and my birds appreciate a bargain
From China??? I wouldn’t give anything to my birds from China. I have no faith in the materials they use and I have no desire to poison my babies. Sorry if that sounds harsh but you get what you pay for. It’s one thing to throw a few bucks on an item you may or may not get but quite another to risk the lives of my precious babies on a country that lies.

Look at the lead & other poisons they use in manufacturing children’s toys & other household goods that we’ve only discovered afterwards. My parrots? Not a chance in he**!!!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:09 AM   #45
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
From China??? I wouldn’t give anything to my birds from China. I have no faith in the materials they use and I have no desire to poison my babies. Sorry if that sounds harsh but you get what you pay for. It’s one thing to throw a few bucks on an item you may or may not get but quite another to risk the lives of my precious babies on a country that lies.

Look at the lead & other poisons they use in manufacturing children’s toys & other household goods that we’ve only discovered afterwards. My parrots? Not a chance in he**!!!
Sorry to be off topic, but I agree. Although if it's an all wood product, with no dyes, it can be sterilized, so it might be ok. Better to be safe than sorry!

Still no device delivery....I took my Glo HD back from my daughter and bought her a Kids Kindle, which is actually an extremely good deal. She likes it, and I am super happy to have a 6" Kobo again. So if the two from Hong Kong should happen to arrive, I'll be even happier. But I don't have a lot of hope left.