Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2018, 01:31 PM   #76
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Another question: Is there any way to set the release as an environment variable, a parameter, or something like that? So, I will have to edit nothing in the configuration file from a release to other.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #77
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Just to be clear, I highly recommend the new system kobopatch, although I didn't install FW 4.10.11591 (no mark 4).

Here are the advantages of kobopatch as I see them:

1) Folding all patches, seeing all the patches in a small area (notepad++ Alt+0)

2) Patching directly CSS streams, have the ability to edit patches in nickel.ymal file like `New home screen increasing cover size` patch.

3) Saving patches enable options in configuration file kobopatch.ymal so you can use it in the next firmware.

4) Separating custom patches from the included ones, let say you want to enable the patch `Custom reading footer style` but you don't want to edit it every firmware, add a ymal file (name like my_nickel.ymal) to src folder and copy the patch to it and edit, copy the file to next firmware folder.
Edit:You need to set the file in kobopatch.ymal.
Thank you for that! It confirms only vague insecure suspicions of what is possible. I had no idea about 4 (didn't understand any of the "src talk" I previously read), that's a nice function!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:32 PM   #78
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Thank you for that! It confirms only vague insecure suspicions of what is possible. I had no idea about 4 (didn't understand any of the "src talk" I previously read), that's a nice function!
The fourth point was very useful for me in the previous firmware.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #79
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
The fourth point was very useful for me in the previous firmware.
I suppose that this option is only valid with a multi-version patch, isn't it?
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:49 PM   #80
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
I suppose that this option is only valid with a multi-version patch, isn't it?
Yes and no, I had two different patches for nickel: the "standard" and another with the patches by oren64, and I think it's not related with multiversion although it could be the most logical use.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:21 PM   #81
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Good point!
I think that kobopatch let organize the patch in the best way for anyone.
I use the new patch system from 4.8.xxxx but the more I use it the most I like.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching