Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-25-2021, 05:38 AM   #1
graatch
Enthusiast
graatch began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, iPad 2 (Bluefire Reader); fire hd 10, Windows
I like 4:3 for an Android ereader. Any good devices after Samsung Galaxy Tab S3?

I'm very happy with the Galaxy Tab S2 running MoonReader but I was wondering if anything newer got put out at any point, that I might look at. It seems that the market decided that the 4:3 aspect ratio wasn't something people want in Android, and so there aren't many options, after the Galaxy Tab S3. Anything I'm missing though? (Of course iOS has some items like it, but no MoonReader.)
graatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:28 AM   #2
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
I suppose you want a colour screen? Otherwise, if reading is your main purpose and you're fine with an e-ink screen, the larger eraders by Onyx (Note 3 or Air, possibly also Nova if 7.8 inch is large enough) or Boyue (forgot the exact name for the larger models, Mimas I think) might be worth a look. You can have a look in the relevant subforums here. For 7.8 inch you now even have a few colour e-ink options (Nova Color), although they're still pretty pricey.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2021, 10:13 PM   #3
graatch
Enthusiast
graatch began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, iPad 2 (Bluefire Reader); fire hd 10, Windows
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
I suppose you want a colour screen? Otherwise, if reading is your main purpose and you're fine with an e-ink screen, the larger eraders by Onyx (Note 3 or Air, possibly also Nova if 7.8 inch is large enough) or Boyue (forgot the exact name for the larger models, Mimas I think) might be worth a look. You can have a look in the relevant subforums here. For 7.8 inch you now even have a few colour e-ink options (Nova Color), although they're still pretty pricey.
Perhaps not. I have liked having the regular tablet possibilities incorporated alongside my reading since I am pretty good about distractions, but a dedicated reader without colour is certainly something I am going to heretofore consider. Thanks for the reply!
graatch is offline   Reply With Quote