Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-23-2019, 11:28 PM   #1
gandbob
gandbob began at the beginning.

Device: Mobiscribe
Wink One Library two computers

Can I set up the Calibre Library on one computer and save it in One Drive and then set up another computer with the same library name and save it to one drive so that whichever computer I us it reads and saves to the one drive library ?
gandbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:56 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You should probably read this first ==>> Calibre library on a networked drives/NAS/FileShare sites etc?

I have my libraries on a shared drive, but I only access it for update on that system, I have two other computers that use the CalibreSpy plugin in Read Only mode to access the libraries.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''
OneDrive is not a good idea. It has a bad habit of randomly deleting books. I personally use Dropbox. The one rule that you always have to remember is to stop syncing while Calibre is open and never run Dropbox on both computers simultaneously, otherwise you'll get a messed up library in no time. Generally you should do things in that order:

1. Quit Dropbox or pause syncing
2. Open Calibre and do what's needed there
3. Close Calibre
4. Sync
5. When syncing is done, quit Dropbox

Now on the other computer:

1. Sync
2. Quit Dropbox or pause syncing
3. Open Calibre, do what's needed
4. Close Calibre
5. Sync
6. When syncing is done, quit Dropbox

Also you should run Library Maintenance regularly on both computers, because no matter how careful you are, errors still find their way in.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote