Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-15-2020, 04:38 AM   #1
Stridr
Stridr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Nighmare from changing MicroSD Card Volume Names!

So last night, the MicroSD card that contains my library became corrupted. Looking into it, I found my only option was to reformat it.

I thought I'd be fine because I had backed up my MoonReader bookmarks, notes, etc. I thought I could just reload my books from Calibre, restore my settings from the backup on Google Drive and I'd be ready to start reading again.

One big problem: The volume name of the MicroSD card was 3453-5598. When I reformatted it, it's name was changed to 342G-CCSD. Seemingly, these names are assigned at random, and at no point was any option provided to me to choose a name.

However, because the volume name changed, the data in my backup is now useless!

After loading the backup, my shelf in MoonReader is now full of "invalid" books. The title appears, but the thumbnail cover is blank and when I click on the title, I get an error message stating that the location is invalid.

It seems to me that the easiest way to fix this would be to change the name of my reformatted Volume back to 3453-5598--is there any way to do that?
Stridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:27 AM   #2
Stridr
Stridr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
To answer my own question (for anyone else who has this problem), MoonReader has a feature that lets you redirect the Volume name. This fixed my problem.
Stridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:09 PM   #3
Pw2727
Pw2727 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8 hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stridr View Post
To answer my own question (for anyone else who has this problem), MoonReader has a feature that lets you redirect the Volume name. This fixed my problem.
I'm having the identical problem. How did you manage to redirect the Volume name? I dont see any features that allow me to do that. I have a huge library with about 100 shelves. I can't possibly redo my whole library. Any help, would be greatly appreciated? Thanks anyone if you know how I can fix this problem!
Pw2727 is offline   Reply With Quote