Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
calibre V1.1 released, with plenty of bug fixes

Hot on the heels of the 1.0 milestone release, calibre, our most popular e-book library software, is ready for another incremental update. Version 1.1 tidies up a whole bunch of stuff, including:

New Features
  • Rewrite the HTML metadata parser to make it faster and more robust
  • Book list: When sorting on a currently unsorted column, use the last applied sort for that column, instead of always sorting in ascending order
  • PocketBook driver: Scan for books files in the entire device not just in the 'books' folder

Bug Fixes
  • Fix a regression in 1.0 that could cause the dates in custom date-type columns to change in some timezones when using the edit metadata dialog to make unrelated changes
  • When replacing formats in a book with a very long title+authors on windows, calibre could leave behind the old format file, because the filename shortening algorithm has changed. Handle that case
  • Fix content server giving an error if you return to the top level page after using the virtual libraries
  • Fix calibredb not updating the running calibre instance properly in 1.0
  • Fix a regression in 1.0 that broke splitting of multiple valued field like tags into many items during a rename
  • Fix a regression in 1.0 that caused an error when trying to set values for tags with the same item repeated, with different case
  • Fix a regression that broke downloading news when output format is set to PDF
  • Creating a catalog with an already existing catalog in the library would cause a temporary duplicate entry in the book list. Also fix the author sort for catalogs generated in the AZW3 format not being correct
  • EPUB metadata: When changing the title in an EPUB 2.0 file that has multiple titles, remove the extra titles
  • Fix a regression in 1.0 that caused Search and Replace in the bulk metadata edit dialog to be much slower than before
  • Fix a regression in 1.0 that caused incorrect sorting and searching on some composite columns (columns built from other columns)
  • Fix a regression in 1.0 that prevented the moving of libraries inside calibre
  • Virtual Library tabs: If the user activates a hidden tab via the Virtual Library button, change the name of the All Books tab to reflect the hidden virtual library
  • Ignore text records in the database that are damaged, instead of erroring out. Lets the rest of the data be used
  • Fix regression that broke calibredb catalog when sorting on the id field
  • HTML Input: Handle malformed OPF files when converting
  • Ensure that the Formats custom column (if present) is updated when a new format is created as a result of a conversion
  • Fix a bug in 1.0 that broke the Check Library function on computers with non-English locales
  • Content server: Fix blank username causing error on startup
  • Fix sorting of book list by multi-valued fields like tags not correct in the new backend

New and improved news sources
  • VFR Magazine by Krittika Goyal
  • Daily Mirror

Unsure how to use calibre? Check out the calibre forums where you're likely to find all the help you need.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 08-30-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:50 AM   #2
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Awesome, it just keeps getting better.
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:34 AM   #3
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
And updated!

Is the recommended restart after installation actually necessary? I don't think I have rebooted after the most recent five or six updates.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
Is the recommended restart after installation actually necessary? I don't think I have rebooted after the most recent five or six updates.
You mean restart Windows? That isn't normally necessary. I think you only get prompted to do that if calibre was running when you do the install.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
Excellent. I found virtual libraries via Calibre Server after updating Calibre but now experiencing problems. Recent additions to Calibre library not showing when Newest selected and only one of my virtual libraries listing properly - a couple list one or two books from the relevant library - and other libraries getting not found script. This is happening on both desktop PC in Internet Explorer and iPad Safari and Marvin. Virtual libraries working okay with Calibre on Windows 8 PC.

Any suggestions?
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:49 AM   #6
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarrow View Post
Excellent. I found virtual libraries via Calibre Server after updating Calibre but now experiencing problems. Recent additions to Calibre library not showing when Newest selected and only one of my virtual libraries listing properly - a couple list one or two books from the relevant library - and other libraries getting not found script. This is happening on both desktop PC in Internet Explorer and iPad Safari and Marvin. Virtual libraries working okay with Calibre on Windows 8 PC.

Any suggestions?
I've used virtual libraries since they were created: they solved my problems managing a number of devices for 2 persons, and separating the archive, also allowing having a single catalog (I had to experiment some before finding adequate parameters). They function fine, though for a very small number of epubs (presently 5 out of 1800+), they do not appear as they should in the calibre specific virtual library. The metadatas are updated fine whenever a device is connected though. I don't know what causes this, but this is very minor compared to how useful I find those virtual libraries.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
I definitely have a problem with the Calibre Server which is only listing 250 of my books (there are many more in the Calibre library) as well as not listing recent additions under Newest, and only finding a few, if any, books in my various virtual libraries. This is happening accessing Calibre Server via Desktop browser, iPad browser and within Marvin. I did a check within Calibre itself using the test server function and identical errors. Think this may have happened with last Calibre software update?

ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM?
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please ask Calibre questions in the Calibre forum, not here.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
"with plenty of bug fixes" makes it sound like it was really botched...
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote