Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #31
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
It says so next to the item on Walmart.com lol. I think next to the price.

I DONT Believe Walmart is going to be Selling Kobos ONLY 3rd party folks thru their Website.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:11 PM   #32
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I DONT Believe Walmart is going to be Selling Kobos ONLY 3rd party folks thru their Website.
We should know in four days.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #33
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
they won't

As I mentioned in my blog post, Walmart will have a page for Kobo ereaders and another for ebooks. The pages were there when I looked on the 30th, but they were taken down after I published.

www.walmart.com/ebooks
www.walmart.com/Kobo

Try those URLs after the 21st. I expect they will work.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:16 AM   #34
azayn
Groupie
azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nova 3, Galaxy S22+, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
they won't

As I mentioned in my blog post, Walmart will have a page for Kobo ereaders and another for ebooks. The pages were there when I looked on the 30th, but they were taken down after I published.

www.walmart.com/ebooks
www.walmart.com/Kobo

Try those URLs after the 21st. I expect they will work.
Currently, both links lead to the same ebooks sales page. Of course this is still a work in progress. Let's see what happens in a couple of days...
azayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #35
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azayn View Post
Currently, both links lead to the same ebooks sales page. Of course this is still a work in progress. Let's see what happens in a couple of days...
Actually I don't think it's eBooks, just books in general (which tells me these will be valid URLs because walmart.com/books (for example) just goes to a "not found" page).
Advert
Old 08-19-2018, 08:17 PM   #36
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by azayn View Post
If it ends up like walmart.ca, most of the Kobo ereaders will only be available online though you can get pick up in store.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:56 PM   #37
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Actually I don't think it's eBooks, just books in general (which tells me these will be valid URLs because walmart.com/books (for example) just goes to a "not found" page).
the links currently lead to the books section of the site, yes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:51 AM   #38
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If it ends up like walmart.ca, most of the Kobo ereaders will only be available online though you can get pick up in store.
Does anyone know of you could return it in store?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:06 AM   #39
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Does anyone know of you could return it in store?
Canadian Walmarts allow instore or by mail returns. Since the pricing is identical to Chapters/Indigo or Best Buy who have the Kobo ereaders in stock, I've never actually purchased one from Walmart.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:21 AM   #40
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Canadian Walmarts allow instore or by mail returns. Since the pricing is identical to Chapters/Indigo or Best Buy who have the Kobo ereaders in stock, I've never actually purchased one from Walmart.
Thanks. And I'm interested in Walmart U.S. in particular.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:46 AM   #41
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
This was part of an email sent from Kobo support this morning. Apparently it’s just one ereader right now that will be sold, fwiw. I wish I knew when other would be sold, if they will.

Quote:
I am sorry about your device problem. We appreciate your preference, and I have news for you. Now you're able to get your Kobo e Readers in USA in Wal-Mart.
For the moment Aura Edition 2 is available.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:47 PM   #42
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
This was part of an email sent from Kobo support this morning. Apparently it’s just one ereader right now that will be sold, fwiw. I wish I knew when other would be sold, if they will.
Still being sold by 3rd party
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #43
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
Quote:
Still being sold by 3rd party
To be fair, the customer service rep I've been talking to the past week has been very wrong about a number of things. I miss the old Kobo support where people were helpful and knowledgeable.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #44
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
Only the Aura 2 (for now)? That may be a good thing — it might mean that Kobo will use Walmart to clear these out and they could be really cheap. (To put a positive spin on it.)

But none of the "new" Kobo Minis GoodEReader was claiming for the introduction of Kobo at Walmarts? I'm shocked! ... shocked, I tell you!
Old 08-20-2018, 05:31 PM   #45
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
It shows plain as day sold by a 3rd party. Walmart is not officially selling KOBO direct till August 21st then you should be able to buy directly from Walmart in stores and online.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote