Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-03-2018, 06:29 PM   #1
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Wasted space in cover browser

In trying to maximize my screen real estate, I thought I'd turn off the "Show Reflections" setting in the Cover Browser. Unfortunately, instead of recouping the space normally used by the reflection, there's a significant amount (I'd guess about 35%) of wasted black space below the cover pics.

Is there any way to recover this dead space with a setting somewhere that I've missed? Thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	163817  
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Use it for more information.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
In trying to maximize my screen real estate, I thought I'd turn off the "Show Reflections" setting in the Cover Browser. Unfortunately, instead of recouping the space normally used by the reflection, there's a significant amount (I'd guess about 35%) of wasted black space below the cover pics.

Is there any way to recover this dead space with a setting somewhere that I've missed? Thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-03 19-37-26.png
Views:	106
Size:	770.6 KB
ID:	163818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-05-03 19-38-32.png
Views:	113
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	163819  
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #3
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Use it for more information.

bernie
Turned that off ages ago, actually. I found it redundant, given I've got the info in the table, in the graphic of the cover, and in the book details.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there's no way to prevent that space from being rendered.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:33 PM   #5
VelvetElvis
Addict

Thank you, Kovid. :-)
Advert