Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Kindle (eink) Jailbreak Index

First: You should be able to tell exactly which kind of Kindle you have, both because that's a key information anyway, but also to familiarize yourself with the keywords & nicknames we employ, which will help you tell at first glance if something applies to your device (via the forum prefixes for instance). To help you in this endeavor, take a look at this wiki page, which will explain how to easily identify your Kindle model, and provides a list of all currently known Kindle devices.

CURRENT JAILBREAKS:

HISTORICAL JAILBREAKS:

ESSENTIAL HACKS:

NOTES:

This should help make the Kindle Developer's Corner forum a better organized and easier to use place, for beginners and old-timers alike.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-29-2016 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Make it "more better" ;)
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:16 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The jailbreak index (above) has been cleaned up, and some "essential hacks" added.

Suggestions are welcome (post below), and forum mods are welcome to update the first post as needed. Thanks.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2016, 01:59 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It looks good now.
Will add it with this evenings edit of the directions.

If no new model numbers show up in the next 48 hours or so -
I am going to push the "Publish" button on this project and call it done.
(Similar to sticking a fork in it and calling it done.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:17 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Looks great guys.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:37 AM   #5
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Thanks to all you devs working on this (and also KUAL and Koreader)! You're the best!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
LordDunlow
LordDunlow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I've tried searching the site, but I can't find an answer to this. Apologies if it has been answered already.

I have a Kindle 2nd generation (serial number begins B003) that is running 2.5.8 jailbroken with screensaver hack installed. I had not used the device in a very long time (Nook Color for many years then Nook HD+ currently, but I've been trying to read in bright sunlight recently so I dug the Kindle out). When I charged it up and then tried to sync, I got the message saying there was a problem. Googled and found the issue was an Amazon mandatory update last year.

I've tried to figure out how to make my device work, but not sure if I can just manually apply the Amazon update or not since I'm jailbroken. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
LordDunlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:48 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDunlow View Post
I've tried searching the site, but I can't find an answer to this. Apologies if it has been answered already.

I have a Kindle 2nd generation (serial number begins B003) that is running 2.5.8 jailbroken with screensaver hack installed. I had not used the device in a very long time (Nook Color for many years then Nook HD+ currently, but I've been trying to read in bright sunlight recently so I dug the Kindle out). When I charged it up and then tried to sync, I got the message saying there was a problem. Googled and found the issue was an Amazon mandatory update last year.

I've tried to figure out how to make my device work, but not sure if I can just manually apply the Amazon update or not since I'm jailbroken. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
I do not recall if you can update while jailbroken on that model device.
Everything done here on the model was at the very start of things - including the jail breaks.

Since the updates for a K2 are the 'incremental' type, which is very sensitive to changed files: -
I would uninstall everything that has an 'update_*_uninstall.bin followed as the final step, uninstalling the jail break.

At that time, there where two jail breaks - you have to use the uninstaller for the jail break you installed.

It would be nice if you happened to keep a copy of all the packages you installed, but that is probably too much to hope for.
You will just have to dig them out again from where ever they are posted.

The first place to try is NiLuJe's most recent builds -
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
(and hope everything you installed is listed there - it will simplify things)

Once everything has been uninstalled, then download from Amazon the most recent K2 firmware.
NOTE: They did not bump the version number when they updated the contents - so it will show on their site as 2.5.8 still.
But the package has been updated to include the 'mandatory fix' which used to be a separate download.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #8
cepics
Connoisseur
cepics began at the beginning.

Device: K5_B010, fw 5.3.2.1, jb 1.14.N, usbnet 0.21.N
Hi all,
I would like to use my kindle k4 fw 4.1.3 also like a vnc remote sunlight readable display for raspberry pi...
I jailbracked following this page:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle4NTHacking

I installed KUAL 2.7

and USBNetwork o.57.n

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88004

and kindlevncviewer

https://github.com/hwhw/kindlevncviewer

but on KUAL application launcher when I run "VNC connection" nothing happens and kindle exit KUAL

I tried also to establish ssh with kindle through the terminal on my mac, but "mario" pw dont work (tried also with pw on line calculator with my s/n)

now I'm trying to change the pw trough kindle tool but its really too complicate for a non programmer like me...

I'm interested too to connect kindle wi fi to no internet hot spot (raspberry pi hot spot)

someone can help me please... i'm getting crazy

best regard

Mauro
cepics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepics View Post
someone can help me please... i'm getting crazy

best regard

Mauro

You problem has nothing at all to do with this jail break index.

Start your own thread for you own topic.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:13 PM   #10
cepics
Connoisseur
cepics began at the beginning.

Device: K5_B010, fw 5.3.2.1, jb 1.14.N, usbnet 0.21.N
sorry
cepics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
essential hacks, index, jailbreak