Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 02:21 AM   #1
Kuraiya
Kuraiya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
25 hour and counting...

Hello,

I'm reconverting two of my ebooks (mobi -> mobi) since I noticed that reconverting fixes some formatting issues some of my books had.

I read some threads about conversions taking a long time and I saw some comments stating that some books could take 24 hours or so. However, I also noticed that the comments said that the conversion usually took a long time on 47% or 67%, mine has been stuck at 1% (converting input to HTML) for over 25 hours, almost 26 by the time I'm writing this.

Should I give up on the conversion? Maybe wait a little longer? I'm getting kinda restless by now...

I would appreciate your input on this matter.

Thanks in advance,

Elena
Kuraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:35 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Depends on whether or not you really want the book converted As long as there are no errors, let it run, it will eventually finish.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
if it takes more than 30 minutes on a single book then i suggest using a different conversion tool / program and/or trying to convert it to a different format in calibre or another piece of software to like .epub or .html or what not then back to mobi. i don't have the patience to let something like that tie me up for honestly more than 5 minutes.
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote