Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-31-2013, 11:08 PM   #856
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Not Romance, but I've been eyeing...

John Sandford Lucas Davenport Novels 1-5
Good choice I have a few of those on audio.
Shhh also not romance but I used one of my coupons on a CJ Box set at kobo uk, still deciding which romance set to get
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #857
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Shhh also not romance but I used one of my coupons on a CJ Box set at kobo uk
Another writer I keep meaning to try.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:16 PM   #858
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Just started the reformatting on my PC. I wiped everything and repartioned the drive just to be sure I get rid of this virus/malware/whatever it is. I took some pictures with my phone of what I had on each drive so I don't forget.

While I was waiting for everything to back up earlier I finished reading Dee Tenorio's Trust in Me. I would normally read series books in order, but I asked Jane at DA if this would work as a standalone and it did. I had some issues with the plot but really liked the hero. The book is still on sale direct from Samhain 30%. I used a Kobo coupon the other day to buy it. I put the earlier books in the series on my wish list.

Just thought I'd mention it if anyone is looking for a contemporary.

As an aside I do not like typing on my phone.
Sheesh I have fumble fingers lol.
I use TapaTalk for replying on the phone to MobileReads. I take you guys everywhere with me! It's a great app well worth the money. It alerts me to PMs. Threads and I reply or start a thread. Works great with Kindle Fire and Other tablets.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #859
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Another writer I keep meaning to try.
My Brother in law loves his books. Not my cuppa but I pretended to be interested when he was talking about them.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #860
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
A few more good bundles but they aren't Penguin

Karen Marie Moning's 5 Book Fever Series and 7 Book Highlander Series
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #861
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
While I was waiting for everything to back up earlier I finished reading Dee Tenorio's Trust in Me. I would normally read series books in order, but I asked Jane at DA if this would work as a standalone and it did. I had some issues with the plot but really liked the hero. The book is still on sale direct from Samhain 30%. I used a Kobo coupon the other day to buy it. I put the earlier books in the series on my wish list.
I've been eyeing that book for a while, glad to hear someone's opinion on it.

I don't see the discount when I check Samhain though. Does it require a coupon code?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #862
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Thanks for all the suggestions on collections. Most of the ones I wanted, I already bought separately, but I did realize that I only borrowed the Singh Guild Hunters books from the library. So I'll definitely grab that one and probably the anthology of novellas.

Has anyone read the Hearn books? I tried the first one - it read like a comic book to me (all fluff, no depth), where every woman the hero meets wants to sleep with him (and sometimes does). I don't care for heroes (or heroines, for that matter) like that.

I've never read any Garwood. Will that kick me out of the romance-readers-club?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #863
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions on collections. Most of the ones I wanted, I already bought separately, but I did realize that I only borrowed the Singh Guild Hunters books from the library. So I'll definitely grab that one and probably the anthology of novellas.

Has anyone read the Hearn books? I tried the first one - it read like a comic book to me (all fluff, no depth), where every woman the hero meets wants to sleep with him (and sometimes does). I don't care for heroes (or heroines, for that matter) like that.

I've never read any Garwood. Will that kick me out of the romance-readers-club?
The rest of the series is mostly the same (although he's not quite as irritating as in the first one, I thought). I like it well enough that I pre-ordered each as it was released. A friend hated it and refused to read past the first one....
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #864
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just started reading a book where the sexy alpha-male type the plot revolves around, is named Hondo LaBar. Seriously. I'm baffled and astonished that no one pointed out to the author that a name like that makes certain types of readers giggle so much they give up on your book and move on to something less ridiculous.

Hondo LaBar. Really?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #865
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
That doesn't surprise me. It written more for guys by a guy. I read Vampire Urban series like that. This is why unless I hear otherwise I stay away from Guy writers. (Sorry Boys)
Old 08-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #866
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post

I don't see the discount when I check Samhain though. Does it require a coupon code?
Hmm, I checked on my phone earlier, but maybe it was a cached page. I think the sale is the first week of release (automatic 30%). Sorry.

It was 17% off at Kobo. I think I used a 30 or 35% coupon, so it was $2.98 for me.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:17 AM   #867
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Hmm, I checked on my phone earlier, but maybe it was a cached page. I think the sale is the first week of release (automatic 30%). Sorry.

It was 17% off at Kobo. I think I used a 30 or 35% coupon, so it was $2.98 for me.
If it's good, it may well be worth full price. I have enjoyed the Dee Tenorio books I've read in the past.

Thanks for checking.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #868
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:

In addition to 30% off on new releases, both during their release week and for 4 weeks or so prior to their release, Samhain also has a monthly coupon where they give 30% off on eight selected new releases during that month. I can't remember whether Trust In Me was one of the July selections though, and I've deleted the July email. Maybe someone else still has it? Also, it might only have been valid until July 31.

I bought it during the July 4th sale but haven't read it yet. You should sign up for the Samhain newsletter to get the coupon code every month. It's a 30% discount on selected books and it applies on top of the 30% new release discount. I usually put my pre-orders on a wish list there, then wait for the month's coupon code to see if I can get the additional discount. Samhain doesn't do coupons very often, so this is the best way to get their books cheaper.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #869
JNCalif
Enthusiast
JNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I just started reading a book where the sexy alpha-male type the plot revolves around, is named Hondo LaBar. Seriously. I'm baffled and astonished that no one pointed out to the author that a name like that makes certain types of readers giggle so much they give up on your book and move on to something less ridiculous.

Hondo LaBar. Really?
Have to admit, I cracked up when I read that name. No editor should have allowed it!
JNCalif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #870
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Didn't mean to post in this thread

Last edited by gabby98; 08-01-2013 at 07:14 PM.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote