Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
outofbreath
who ? Me ?
outofbreath began at the beginning.

Device: prs500
as a PRS 500 owner on a mac I am getting really annoyed.....

First sony does not give prs 500 owners a firmware update with epub.
Then they announce the will go epub all the way in their store but without a clear statement on what they are going to do about the prs-500 owners out there, but promising an "upgrade path" to be available.
Now they finally release ebook library for Mac guess what ? It's not compatible with the prs-500.

I wish sony made a clear annoucement for us prs-500 owners already !!!!
outofbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
yes you are correct Macs are a pain
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
pearle
pearle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofbreath View Post
First sony does not give prs 500 owners a firmware update with epub.
Then they announce the will go epub all the way in their store but without a clear statement on what they are going to do about the prs-500 owners out there, but promising an "upgrade path" to be available.
Now they finally release ebook library for Mac guess what ? It's not compatible with the prs-500.

I wish sony made a clear annoucement for us prs-500 owners already !!!!
I agree completely. I haven't bought a ebook in quite some time because of this mess. I hope they make an announcement soon regarding their intentions with the PRS-500.
pearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
mickeymammoth
mickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisemickeymammoth juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Forma
I also am irritated that the Mac version doesn't support the 500. I booted into XP, and installed the new 3.0 version there, and it wouldn't even launch. I had to find a version of 2.5 on the web and reinstall that to get anything working at all.
mickeymammoth is offline   Reply With Quote