Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 10-24-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Livingstone, David: Last Journals in Central Africa, Vol I. IMP. 24 Oct 2007

The Last Journals of David Livingstone, in Central Africa, from 1865 to His Death, Volume I, 1866-1868 published in 1874 a year after his death in 1873 chronicles his final journeys throughout the African Central Forest Plateau.

He was a remarkable man by all accounts. His quest for the headwaters of the Nile led him throughout Central Africa. When he was out of touch for six (6) with his backers and the rest of the civilized world the New York Herald dispatched H.M. Stanley in 1869 as a publicity stunt to find Livingstone. When he did finally find him in 1871 he uttered the now famous words, "Dr Livingstone, I presume?"

In his 60 years Livingstone achieved many firsts and helped open Africa. He was the first Englishman to see Victoria Falls where a stature of him now stands with his motto, "Christianity, Commerce and Civilisation."
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp Livingstone 1.imp (741.2 KB, 632 views)

Last edited by RWood; 10-24-2007 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Original file name was too long
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote