Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Where are my books?

Something seems to be strange with my Calibre Library that I'm certain there is a simple explanation for. Recently I've been adding books normally, converting them, transferring them to my ebook etc. with no problems. But when I go into my Calibre library I can't find them. It's like they're being stored somewhere else and I'm not sure where.
I want to back my library up to a thumb drive to take with me sometimes, but I'm not sure I'm backing up all my books. Any thoughts?
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
If you right click on a book, in the context menu there should be an option to open the containing folder.

From there go up a few levels and you should find the root of where your library is being stored. You can also use the "Switch/Create library" option in the drop down menu from the "Library" button on the toolbar to relocate it if needs be - as well as clone it to another location.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowie View Post
Something seems to be strange with my Calibre Library that I'm certain there is a simple explanation for. Recently I've been adding books normally, converting them, transferring them to my ebook etc. with no problems. But when I go into my Calibre library I can't find them. It's like they're being stored somewhere else and I'm not sure where.
I want to back my library up to a thumb drive to take with me sometimes, but I'm not sure I'm backing up all my books. Any thoughts?
Is it possible that you have the Send to device set to delete on send?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	send-del.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	78380  
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Ah ha. Thank you.
I didn't realize that this was an option. I can now see that for some reason I have two Calibre libraries set up and I kept looking for things in the wrong one.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote