Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-23-2017, 07:12 AM   #46
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You can get a thingy that plugs into a usb port into which you can plug an RJ45 Ethernet cable. Search for 'usb ethernet adapter'; probably no need for USB 3.0.

BR
I did not know this. Thanks for the info. I found one at Amazon.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:15 AM   #47
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
If you still do not have wifi and internet here is what I want you to try. Unplug the power to the modem/router, while it is powered off unplug the cable to the phone jack. Leave everything unplugged and powered off, go drink a cup of coffee or beverage of your choice . Leaving the cable to the phone jack unplugged plug in the power and wait for the modem/router to boot, look for the wifi indicator if it is blinking then see if you have wifi. On a windows pc it will say limited connection no internet. If you get that notification then your local network is up with no internet. Now try to use CC to transfer books.

Next unplug the power cable from the modem/router, now plug in the cable from the phone jack and then plug in the power cable, wait for the modem/router to boot.

That box is called a RT(Remote Terminal) and it should be within a half mile of your house.

bernie
I can tell you the RT (or box thingy) is about 20 feet from my house. But it is not the one messed up. The fourth & fifth box down the from me are messed up.

I will try your suggestion when I am able. Sorry hurt my bad knee and having problems moving.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:33 AM   #48
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I did not know this. Thanks for the info. I found one at Amazon.
i didn't want to reveal too much more of my ignorance, but don't you need wifi- not wired, for CC to work
in which case having fire tablet ->usb adaptor -> ethernet is not a solution ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:34 AM   #49
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
The one thing I wished I made sure my laptop had was the thingy for a networking cable. I never realized it was absent until I attempted to search for it when I encountered a wireless problem. Everything I have is wireless. Well except the external drives.
You might get a USB network dongle for your emergency kit

<ninjad> by BR

Last edited by theducks; 04-23-2017 at 10:43 AM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #50
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
After viewing the docs on that modem
I had another WAG (Wild A**ed Guess )

That modem can have both a Private and a PUBLIC (AKA Guest) access network.
Be sure you are accessing the Private SID (from BOTH devices) or you will not be able to see other devices on the private network.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #51
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I am ALMOST certain you can have some knowledgeable 13-year-old properly reconfigure your router to work in your house on wifi even when there is no Internet service.
This is how everyone else's wireless networks work.

HOWEVER I acknowledge it's in the realm of possibility that Frontier did something remarkably stupid and restrictive, and made it impossible with this device. Not likely, based on my experience and briefly skimming the manual, but not impossible.

If that's the case, my recommendation would be you invest $20 or $30 in a normal wireless router and use that instead. Your current box can plug into the new router to provide the Internet connection. (in other words, you'd just use your current device as a DSL modem).

Then all your wireless devices and CC stuff can happily talk to each other all the time, regardless of any actions by AT&T, Amish, or cows.

Last edited by ApK; 04-25-2017 at 02:15 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote