Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
maggotb0y
Connoisseur
maggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
A fix for my E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS problems

Like many others, I've been plagued with repeating problems getting the error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS. I open a ticket, Adobe resets my account, it works for a while, then eventually, BAM: E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS.

Well, I think I may have tracked down my issue, and this may help some others out there- fair warning, I haven't had long enough to know that the fix will stick, but it is one of those facepalm things that I'm a bit surprised Adobe hasn't suggested to me.

I run a firefox plugin called "BetterPrivacy" which deletes Local Shared Objects (sometimes called Super Cookies) when firefox exits. Well, wouldn't you know, DE creates a LSO called "adept.sol" and the plugin deleting it is probably not helping things. If you are running BetterPrivacy, be sure to protect the adept.sol from auto-deletion.

I've let Adobe know of the fix, but I don't have a tremendous amount of confidence that it will end up in their troubleshooting scripts; so I've posted it here to see if it helps others with the same problem. I for one will be happy to know that I can buy and check out books without wondering how long it will be before my account is reset so I can actually download them.
maggotb0y is offline   Reply With Quote