Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
judahis
Enthusiast
judahis is on a distinguished road

WINDOWS CE AND WINDOWS XP

If I would have a netbook loaded with Windows CE and put epub books on it, would I be able to transfer those books to my desktop with Windows XP and vice versa? What I like to do is to read e-books on an e-reader (netbook), make highlights and annotate and then transfer to my computer and vice versa. Also same question with regard to Mobipocket ebooks, etc
judahis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by judahis View Post
If I would have a netbook loaded with Windows CE and put epub books on it, would I be able to transfer those books to my desktop with Windows XP and vice versa?
Yes

Quote:
What I like to do is to read e-books on an e-reader (netbook), make highlights and annotate and then transfer to my computer and vice versa. Also same question with regard to Mobipocket ebooks, etc
That's a different matter, since annotations are handled by the program that displays the book and aren't part of the epub itself. You'd need to make sure that the system you use to read and annotate books on your netbook can export its markup to something similar on your PC.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert