Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast
Satans Puppet doesn't litterSatans Puppet doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PR(whusit)505
List of Ebook Retailers?

Is there a list of places to buy ebooks?

I’ve checked the usual haunts but I can’t seem to find anything I want to read after my initial three books and well… £13 for an ebook seems a bit high!!

http://ebooks.whsmith.co.uk/

http://www.booksonboard.com/

http://www.fictionwise.com/

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...e.do?ctx=10030

Anywhere else?
Satans Puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Take a look at the E-book Stores list in the wiki.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast

Ooo Wiki

The availible formats are confusing me though, I'm hoping ePUB will create some kind of standard for the world of ebooks.

What's with all the dodgy fantasy romance novels? lol
Old 04-09-2009, 01:35 AM   #4
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satans Puppet View Post
Ooo Wiki

The availible formats are confusing me though, I'm hoping ePUB will create some kind of standard for the world of ebooks.

What's with all the dodgy fantasy romance novels? lol
From what I have been reading, think it was on teleread but I 'm not sure. ebooks used to be the domain of scfi but it appears that romance ebooks in all their flavours such as mills&boon, paranormal etc are taking over
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:27 AM   #5
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast

It's kinda scary... Mills & Boon have their own Ebook section to their site.

I fear for my innocent eyes when it comes to my ereader. I just want some Jack Ketchum material and more clive barker stuff
Advert
Old 04-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
eharlequin.com if you like romance books

Harpercollins.com

I think the only compatible formats for the 505 would be PDF though---some have a problem with this, but I, personally don't mind the PDFS. To each his own, huh.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast

Romance? Do they get stabbed or go on magic carpet rides in these books?
Old 04-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #8
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I don't know...they might I think I saw vampire stories on the Harlequin website.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
My newest fave place for new edgier stuff is bookviewcafe.com
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:23 AM   #10
Satans Puppet
Enthusiast

Suppose I shouldn't knock it till I've tried em... After I got through twilight book 2 and Deaths Daughter