Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
foxhound6
foxhound6 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Newspapers on the 505?

Hi Everyone,
I just bought my 505 last week and I love it. However, I must admit I am jealous of the Kindle users who can get newspapers on their device. Are there any sites out there that provide daily newspapers in a format I can download to my 505 every morning? Thanks and I'm looking forward to participating in the community
foxhound6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:12 AM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
foxhound--You need to check out Calibre (available here)...

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/download_windows

Great program written by Kovid Goyal, that has a lot of "recipes" built in that allow you to download newspapers to your reader.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Feedbooks of course (http://www.feedbooks.com)!
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
How do you get full articles on Feedbooks? I tried NYTimes, Time Magazine, WSJ, Washington Post, USA Today, all of them had a sentence or two from each article, not much to read.

Last edited by ddavtian; 12-17-2008 at 10:47 PM.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:15 AM   #5
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

What you get is RSS feeds.

These are composed by the head lines of the article and sometimes a little text (explanation about it), not the full article and not images if it has some.

A new program appeared in these forums, News2PDF (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34119) who claims to be able to get you the full text of the article.
I advise you to read the thread about it, as people are seeing this program in a controversial way.
Advert
Old 12-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #6
DDHarriman
Guru

I have just cheeked the above post and I see you are testing the program already, so ignore the advice then.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:42 AM   #7
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
DDHarriman, thanks for explanation. I use Calibre, started testing News2PDF, wanted to try Feedbooks too. I do think I spend to much time on news, instead of reading all the books that I paid for :-)
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote