Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
MizSuz
Connoisseur
MizSuz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura, Android w/CoolReader
Jumped from 0.7.4 to 0.9.7

Ok, I just broke down and abandoned my much beloved Sigil 0.7.4 and installed 0.9.7 because the older flightcrew validation was returning mostly stuff that I know is probably acceptable in updated code these days.

Mind. Boggled.

I installed the flightcrew plug in without incident and it seems to be working fine.

I'd like to thank you folks who picked this project back up and have been keeping it going. I use this software almost every single day. It had become so important to my library management that I was loathe to update for fear of changes. Although I am expecting a bit of a learning curve I have to tell you that the differences are not as jarring as I anticipated. Thanks for that!

Please be patient with me if I end up on here asking questions. I've downloaded the user guide and have already referred to it a couple of times (in the last half hour) but I see that you guys are working on an updated version. I will do my best to find my own answers before I ask for help.

That's my only reason for posting, to say "thank you" and to give folks a heads up that I might need some help getting through the learning curve and to ask for patience in advance.

I really appreciate the work on this software.
MizSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:18 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I'd like to thank you folks who picked this project back up and have been keeping it going.
That is my emotion, too, almost every day.

You will especially enjoy Preview pane, once you get it set up beside (rather than overlapping) the Code View pane. WYSIWYG! (And if you write bad code, it turns red with shame.)
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2017, 07:39 AM   #3
MizSuz
Connoisseur
MizSuz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura, Android w/CoolReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
You will especially enjoy Preview pane, once you get it set up beside (rather than overlapping) the Code View pane. WYSIWYG! (And if you write bad code, it turns red with shame.)
Ooooh! Good to know. I'll check it out today. Thanks!
MizSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:31 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Welcome to the 0.9.x series!
Hopefully we didn't botch anything too, too badly for you.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote