Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-23-2014, 03:36 PM   #37471
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Most cats will jump a baby gate especially when encouraged
I'm not sure Momo can still do that, she's getting old. But I also know Momo and chances are even higher that she won't do it because Momo is the queen of the neighbourhood and is used to people opening doors for her. Plus I don't think our customers will appreciate it, except for some parents with small children that like to make a break for it
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #37472
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
kk, you can't possibly be as big a baby about going to the dentist as I am. I actually prefer the oral surgeons. They knock you out beforehand.

Good luck with your appointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Whine whimper snivel. Does that help?
You guys are both braver than I! I'm the one who asks for a general anesthesia when getting a hair cut! My father did all my dentistry (he was an Oral Surgeon) when I was a child, and unfortunately not a painless practitioner despite massive doses of Novocain. Scared the living daylights outta me!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #37473
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Actually, I have the opposite problem. I hate the needle. I can't count the number of times the needle has hit a nerve -- and once the injection went into a blood vessel and I almost lost consciousness. Even with the shot I can still feel some (most?) of the pain. And then I drool for 4 hours while it wears off.

But, I don't mind the drill. For most dental work I'd rather just get it over with. My previous dentist was okay with this -- he'd take his time setting up and planning the work, and then he'd go at it. It wasn't fun, but I could tolerate it, and then walk out of the office just fine.

The dentist I have now is a wonderful dentist ... but he can't work on me unless he gives me a shot. We've tried a couple of times. He touches the drill to the tooth, then pulls it back right away and asks if it hurt. (Well, yes, it did! So let's get it over with!) The only way he can do the job is give me a shot.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #37474
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
sigh, next appointment monday *whimper*
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:47 PM   #37475
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
In Japan, I always went to women dentists and doctors. The dentists were virtually painless and the doctors always knew what they were doing.

The theory behind my choice of gender was that in Japan, women don't usually want careers. They want to work for 4-5 years after college, then become house wives. Any woman who wants to compete in ANY career field and succeed must be 20 times better than her male counterparts. And they are!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #37476
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
So what are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
But, I don't mind the drill. For most dental work I'd rather just get it over with. My previous dentist was okay with this -- he'd take his time setting up and planning the work, and then he'd go at it. It wasn't fun, but I could tolerate it, and then walk out of the office just fine.

The drill scares me! It's really painful. And the sound *cringes*
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #37477
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I have dental phobia in spite of overcoming it in my twenties long enough to get my teeth straightened. A couple of weeks ago I put on my big girl panties and found a new dentist to have some very old fillings replaced that are breaking down. She's a young Asian woman who is absolutely committed to keeping me relaxed, comfortable, and painfree. Huge koi fountain in the waiting area (can't hear the drills!), no extra charge for nitrous, warm blanket if you want one, lots of time taken with the shot so you do not feel it at all. I've been the past two Mondays and am going again this Monday,and my stress level is way down. Dentistry really IS a whole new world from how it used to be. KK, you'll be fine I think!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #37478
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I didn't go to the dentist for nine years. Then a tooth broke. I went to the dentist, he filled it, it was a front tooth and essentially was a large cavity. That was my first filling of my adult life. I liked him, and went back to get my teeth cleaned. It took two seperate visits to get my teeth cleaned.

I moved and neglected to go to the dentist for 9 years. My Hubby found one near our house that he liked. I sucked it up and went. The cleaning took an hour and there were three cavities. Since then I have gone every six months like a good girl.

My TMJ is under control but cleanings kill my jaw. We use a little block thingy and that helps but it takes a few days for my jaw to stop aching. Much to my husbands annoyance, I have not had a cavity since then. He has had a bunch. He drinks soft drinks every day. I drink a soft drink once a week. Maybe. He is failing to see this connection.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #37479
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just ordered the Big Shot die cutting and embossing machine! I ordered the starter kit which comes with several dies and an embossing folder. My father is also interested in using it for the store; making labels and decorations.

I had hoped to go pick it up tomorrow but my father asked me to work so I'm going to pick it up next week when my other order has arrived at the store.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #37480
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Having afternoon tea at Observation Deck.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:40 AM   #37481
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
About to seriously upset the kitties. My kindle is somewhere in bed and they are seriously
sprawled out

Last edited by kindlekitten; 04-26-2014 at 04:43 AM. Reason: freaking auto correct
Old 04-26-2014, 08:01 PM   #37482
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Finished mowing the lawn.... stuff is really growing after yesterday's drenching storms..
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #37483
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I mowed just before the storm.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:59 AM   #37484
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

it's been a really long day. went to a funeral for a friend this afternoon. this was a passing that we've known was coming for a long time. he was a good man and did a lot of really wonderful things for our community. he owned a restaurant in town and every year fed many in need a free thanksgiving and christmas meal. he was real and authentic and you just don't come across many like him anymore. he'll be missed

I had to work after that which mostly consisted of me moving my office from the second floor to the first floor as knee surgery is now inevitable. I am so incredibly pissed about this that I can't really form the necessary words to talk about it. consult appointment is monday morning

I expect a victory dance in my bed at any moment, kitties caught another mouse. Strider is currently having a kibble snack in the cat tree next to me... oh, off to more mouse games. it's going to be a long night
Old 04-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #37485
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I just got back from a shopping trip. I discovered that the Hema, a department store (similar to the UK's Woolworths), sells washi tape and stamps for great prices. I now do need to get some storage boxes for all my stuff because it's now scattered all over my desk and that isn't practical.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?