Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #16
Kuja
Kuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watch

Device: none
UPDATE 2.0

- Start mplayer directly within the kindlet by selecting a file
- Playlist support (use "Playlist" instead of folders to be played): Navigate to file/folder -> press MenuButton -> press "Add To Playlist" ; press 'P' to view Playlist and use MenuButton for control
- Delete/Rename files (useful with the dictaphone mod, see earlyer post): navigate to file/folder -> press MenuButton -> press Delete/Rename (Delete only works with files and empty folders!)
- MPlayer will be killed if you return to the home screen; press 'Aa' and select the "Manually"-Option to avoid this, but PLEASE read "Known Bugs and Problems:..." first!!!!

To Update:
Delete automount.sh , restart kindle, delete K3MusicManager.azw2 and follow the installation-steps in post one.

EDIT:

UPDATE 2.1

- Bug: mplayer fails to return the played stream -> fixed

Last edited by Kuja; 03-23-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Missing semicolon at the end of the last line

Hi Kuja,

In your permissions line, the last command was missing a semicolon, causing K3MusicManager to crash.

After adding the ';', works like a charm!

Great program!

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #18
Kuja
Kuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watchKuja is clearly one to watch

@jmseight:

Oops, thanks for informing me...
Old 03-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #19
arikfunke
Enthusiast
arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.arikfunke is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: iRex
Hey Kuja,

thanks for this new release! Finally an easy to use media-player for the kindle!

I have found a bug you seem to not have on your "known bugs" list:
Assume you have the following directory structure in the music directory:

music\
Artist1\
Album1\
Track 1.mp3
Track 2.mp3

If you choose "add to playlist" from the menu when on "Album1" everything work perfectly. However, if you are on "Artist1" nothing gets added. It would be great if "add to playlist" would descend recursively in all sub-directories and add all the files to the playlist. - Though maybe it is not worth fixing given that you are working an a rewrite of the playlist selection...

Regards,
Arik
arikfunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #20
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Hi Kuja,

This is a great program!

I do have one problem. If I choose a stream that for whatever reason is not working, I will get no sound and I cannot select another radio station or song to make it play. I have to exit K3MM and killall the Mplayer process and restart K3MM before I can play something else.

Would you be able to killall the Mplayer by hitting a key - like the 's' key for stop or another key like 'k' key for killall or 'r' key for restart Mplayer?

Thanks,
James
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #21
George's Kindle
Enthusiast
George's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: kindle 3
This sounds like a great app. Could you please post a screenshot of the GUI and give some more infos how you start the program?
George's Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #22
Kuja

Hi everybody,
nice to see that you find my app useful ;-)

@jmseight:
I also had this problem with streams, but only with very special letters in the url, it's a problem with the characterset. Could you please post the url here sothat I can understand, which characters are causing the Error?
The other question: Hmm, strange. Normaly the kindlet should completely kill MPlayer on quit (if selected) with the command 'killall -9 mplayer' ...

@George's Kindle:
The installation itself is pretty easy, as written in post one you need to ssh into the kindle, edit the one file and copy "mplayer" and K3MusicManager into the right directory.
If you don't know how to SSH you also can edit the file with launchpad or kite and some tricks:
1. copy external.policy to your "root" directory you can access via normal usb mode:
Code:
cp /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy /mnt/us/
2. edit the file with your favourite texteditor (notepad++ ftw!!) in usb mode
3. make the whole filesystem writeable:
Code:
mntroot rw
4. copy the file back to the old location:
Code:
cp /mnt/us/external.policy /opt/amazon/ebook/security/

UPDATE 2.2

- fixed the bug that was found out by arikfunke
- fixed the bug, that you could not use 'O', 'P' to rename a file (in the textfield)
- added a Progress Bar that shows the songs progress (sorry that it looks so similar to fbdev's kinamp, but it's not copied! I just cannot imagine a better place or width for a progress bar than at the bottom and that small; BTW I used the Progress Bar of apetresc's KindleWidgetToolkit (link in first post))

Coming Soon:
- Grafical Dictaphone Mod (record your voice with the kindle's microphone)
- both bugs I imagined in the first post will be fixed
- Sort Options: Sort your songs by Titel(normal)/Artist/Album/Genre (idea by arikfunke)

At this point a big thanks to arikfunke (again), who helps me a lot with the last 2 problems.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:45 AM   #23
jmseight
Zealot

@jmseight:
I also had this problem with streams, but only with very special letters in the url, it's a problem with the characterset. Could you please post the url here sothat I can understand, which characters are causing the Error?
The other question: Hmm, strange. Normaly the kindlet should completely kill MPlayer on quit (if selected) with the command 'killall -9 mplayer' ...

Hi,

As far as I can see, there are no special characters.
Sometimes the below would work, sometimes not and cause K3MM to stop playing any sound, even if I chose another channel or playlist:
http://relay.181.fm:8026/

The kindlet does completely kill Mplayer on quit. Actually, I would like to request a key press _within_ the K3MM kindlet to kill Mplayer, without quitting, so it can start Mplayer again when Mplayer crashes on a bad stream.

Thanks,
James
Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #24
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

This project is coming along very nicely. I do have one small thing I cannot seem to figure out. My radio streams will not play. Unlike the mp3 I have in folders, which are as easy as click and play, the streams look like they will play, even show at the bottom, but nothing happens. Even worse, on more than one occasion, it will not let me try another station, and ultimately freezes and restarts the whole Kindle OS.

Does anybody else have this issue?

FYI, in 1.* versions of this Kindlet, my stations worked just fine.

Oh, and on another matter, as I saw you are looking into adding a dictaphone option within K3MusicManager, so we don't have to input a Launchpad command to do it, here is the one I have noticed works the best:

Code:
[Actions]

; Audio Recorder (stored in 'audio' folder, and playable as audiobook)
A E = !kill -15 `pidof arecord`; dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1 &
A S = !RECDIR=audible; [ -d "/mnt/us/$RECDIR" ] || mkdir -p "/mnt/us/$RECDIR"; arecord -qN /mnt/us/$RECDIR/_record_$(date +'%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S').wav!.mp3 &
There are a couple variations that just don't seem to work right, or lack certain things.

Last edited by inameiname; 03-27-2012 at 08:28 AM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
jmseight
Zealot

Hi inameiname,

I never tried 1.X version but I have the same problem you have with the radio stations. I thought maybe the radio station is not operational and somehow crashes MPlayer. But maybe it is something else like you said.

Thanks,
James
Old 03-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #26
Kuja

Hi jmseight,
i'm sorry, i should have read your previous post better... Of course I could add this kill-mplayer-via-button, but I already found the bad piece of code that was responsible for your problem. I'l release a new version after I added some more things in the next few days.

@inameiname:
Normally you should have the same problems as jmseight, maybe with some other side-effects but it never should restart the OS! Could you please send me the content of /mnt/us/developer/K3MusicManager/work/crash.txt ?(maybe via PM, becouse this could be very much)
Thanks for the commands, I was going to use the "standart" dictaphone commands of dsmid but yours seem to be more precise.

Kuja
Old 03-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #27
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
@inameiname:
Normally you should have the same problems as jmseight, maybe with some other side-effects but it never should restart the OS! Could you please send me the content of /mnt/us/developer/K3MusicManager/work/crash.txt ?(maybe via PM, becouse this could be very much)
Thanks for the commands, I was going to use the "standart" dictaphone commands of dsmid but yours seem to be more precise.
Kuja
I probably should clarify. Its less fully restarting the OS, but crashing the Amazon framework and forcing it to restart, which essentially is rebooting the OS. As such, its probably more like a forced Log Off and then Log In. Its just if you have a couple thousand books on your Kindle, the 'reboot' adds another 5 minutes before I can actually try again. Regardless, I will just attach the crash log as an attachment here. Although, looking at the crash.log, it is much smaller than I would think for a crash log. Perhaps the crash wasn't recorded?

And as for that dictaphone command, the dsmid one is the original that I have found; there are at least 3 other variations since, the one I use being the best. The one I use is best because due to its naming of the audio files, they actually show up on the homepage, so you can play them right then and there, and not have to hook the Kindle up to a computer, and for a Launchpad shortcut to do this, it is very handy. Of course, if you could make yours work within your Music Manager, it could be even more user friendly.
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.log.txt (772 Bytes, 169 views)
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #28
jmseight
Zealot

Thanks Kuja.

I am looking forward to getting your update.

I think being able to kill MPlayer from within K3MM may be a good idea just in case MPlayer crashes or hang for whatever reason.

Best Regards,
James
Old 03-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #29
danan72
danan72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, KPW2
In version 2.2 pause (button SPACE) no longer works.
In earlier versions (eg 2.1) it work.
I use kindle 3 with firmware 3.3

Last edited by danan72; 03-28-2012 at 03:42 AM.
danan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #30
isrealjb
isrealjb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
hey guys
are you making this available for the Kindle Touch?
i tried it but it gave me an error about developers...
isrealjb is offline   Reply With Quote