Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
zonemama
zonemama began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Epub to PDF Problem

Hello, I've been using Calibre for quite some time and have only recently started having this issue. The zoom percentage in the PDF is 233%. Any suggestions?
zonemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I don't quite understand what you mean by zoom percentage. If you're talking about what zoom level the PDF opens in using your PDF viewer, then just zoom out.
The device profile section of the conversion settings could be of interest to you. PDF page size is set in those profiles according to what best fits the target device.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are you converting ePub to PDF? If so, why?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonemama View Post
Hello, I've been using Calibre for quite some time and have only recently started having this issue. The zoom percentage in the PDF is 233%. Any suggestions?
Under Page Setup try changing your output profile to tablet.

PS. Unless this is for viewing on the Nook, then my question is why pdf?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-02-2011 at 06:00 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Under Page Setup try changing your output profile to tablet.

PS. Unless this is for viewing on the Nook, then my question is why pdf?
drain bamage?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
The only good reason I could think of to convert to PDF is if you want to output it for your regular computer viewing/printing. In which case, I would convert the original file to RTF format, touch up as needed, then convert to PDF via any standard PDF file conversion utility -- I use CutePDF Writer myself.

Vic
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
zonemama
zonemama began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thank you all. I am converting to PDF to output it for regular computer viewing/printing. Converting to RTF and then printing to PDF worked beautifully!
zonemama is offline   Reply With Quote