Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Boox M90 at CES 2011 by Charbax

Thank you again Charbax. Your videos aree always much better than I can do

http://armdevices.net/2011/01/09/onyx-boox-m90/

ps- i can't figure out how to embed the youtube video. I try several different links in the youtube brackets and they dont work

well at least Charbax will get the clicks

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 01-11-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Here you go

=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Embedding a clip is very easy.
First you need the youtube URL.
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnyT44GeNgk&feature=player_embedded
See the part that is in bold. That is the video ID for you tube. Remove everything but the bolded text, like so

Quote:
TnyT44GeNgk
Now wrap it with the youtube tag like so.

PHP Code:
[youtube]TnyT44GeNgk[/youtube
Note if you go to the advance editor you can just highlight the youtube video and press the youtube icon and it will automatically tag the video
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thanks. I keep trying to put the whole thing in htt p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnyT44GeNgk like I used to do elsewhere or the embed link etc.

I'm spoiled-on the car forum i moderate they've done an update so we dont even need the youtube tags. just drop the url in a post and it works. so now I can't remember how to do it anywhere else.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 01-11-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
I had tried -with success- to see If I could embed a youtube vid here,following the above instructions. But it was a randomly chosen one, completely off topic. So I deleted it.

I would have preferred to delete the whole post, but it looks like that can't be done by the user...

Thank you Dulin's Books for pointing this Onyx M90 out to me.
Thank you =X= for teaching met this trick.

Last edited by Lode; 01-11-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
beautiful: Dulin, do you have any hint on prices?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard

$379 more than likely
Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 AM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
$379 more than likely
Many thanks Dulin's, that is what I saw in a now disappeared chached page of the onyx site, it sounds very good value for money, since the device since to be already doing what it is supposed to do - but it does not support as many formats as the pocketbooks, is that right?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:30 AM   #9
Dime333
Dime333 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is that a "Pearl" E-Ink screen? It seems so contrasted, the black seems real black even when he zooms in with his camera, and the white is not that far from chassis' color. I hope it's not a matter of ambient light

Last edited by Dime333; 01-13-2011 at 04:33 AM.
Dime333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #10
micromirko
Enthusiast
micromirko began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60
Does anyone know whether Onyx will be on the German CeBit in March?

I'd like to hold the M90 in my Hands. I own a Boox 60 and maybe i'm going to upgrade.
micromirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #11
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Ill find out about CeBit.

Its not pearl currrently. Onyx hand selects/sorts the Vizplex displays for quality rather than letting PVI do it. They feel they get better/more consistent grading that way.

Plus with Sony and Amazon sucking up all the Pearl displays there are more of the highest quality Vizplex to go around.

Font selection and firmware execution (gamma value adjustments for contrast) take care of the rest
Old 01-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
jimmyonishi
jimmyonishi began at the beginning.

Device: none
If they can sell this for $300, they can own the mini and large ebook market and also my pocket.

Last edited by jimmyonishi; 01-17-2011 at 07:37 PM.
jimmyonishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #13
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Yes they'll be at Cebit

Weight is around 330 grams but thats not finalized. The final weight could be a few more or less than that once the production unit is finalized.

$300 is not likely at start but if we push enough units its possible to push it down later.

We'll see