Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
gfrancis0
gfrancis0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Exclamation Fire HD not showing as device

I have a new Fire HD. When I connect the USB on my Windows 7 PC it can see it as a device and directly manage files on it. It never shows up as a device in Calibre. I have rebooted both and have the latest version of Calibre (0.8.69) installed. I have previously accessed an original Fire several times using Calibre with no issues on this PC. Are we waiting for some sort of plug-in for the new HD or what?
gfrancis0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Yes.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190982
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
gfrancis0
gfrancis0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Success!

Happy to report that the new .70 update installed today seems to be cooperating with the Fire HD. Time to load it up I guess.
gfrancis0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
nfetterly
nfetterly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I am running 8.48 portable and had a friend's Fire - I had to do things in a specific order for Calibre to see it - I think I had to connect the cable with the Fire off and then turn it on while it was connected. I did find the answer on the internet on Amazon I think. I only just found this forum today.
nfetterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfetterly View Post
I am running 8.48 portable and had a friend's Fire - I had to do things in a specific order for Calibre to see it - I think I had to connect the cable with the Fire off and then turn it on while it was connected. I did find the answer on the internet on Amazon I think. I only just found this forum today.
This thread is referring to the new Kindle Fire HD which isn't seen as a lettered USB drive like the old Kindles were. For older Kindles no special magic or hoops is required.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-22-2012 at 08:52 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfetterly View Post
8.48 is an antique version of Calibre. (released BEFORE the Fire HD was available)

Before posting device not... problems, you should be at the latest release (or have checked all the later release notes to see if there were changes listed for your problem device ). If for the technical reasons listed on Calibre download pages, you can not update, you will need to search for work arounds' for your issue.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #7
nfetterly
nfetterly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
8.48 is an antique version of Calibre. (released BEFORE the Fire HD was available)

Before posting device not... problems, you should be at the latest release (or have checked all the later release notes to see if there were changes listed for your problem device ). If for the technical reasons listed on Calibre download pages, you can not update, you will need to search for work arounds' for your issue.
As a first post I was trying to be helpful & show that it does connect.

Nice welcome to a new MobileRead Forum user.

As to my ancient Calibre (portable) I tried to update yesterday and it didn't work. I will repeat today after I make a fresh copy off onto USB so I can report the error on the Calibre Portable 8.70 thread.
nfetterly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire hd