Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #1
idgaf2day
idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen.
Where's the time?

I have been given a Kindle for Christmas. Went in the stocking easily
I've set the time but I don't see it displayed. I would have assumed it would show at the top or the bottom of the page. I don't wear a watch but do like to be aware of the time passing when I am reading. Can anyone give me any clues, please?

My kindle is the latest but basic device that sells for GB pounds 89 in the UK. No keyboard, no ads, no touchscreen.

Thanks in advance.
idgaf2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:11 AM   #2
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Press the menu button, the time will be on the upper left corner.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
idgaf2day
idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idgaf2day ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen.
Thanks. Got it now. However, I was rather hoping (expecting almost) that it would be on permanent display, whilst I am reading.
idgaf2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Kindle's approach is to give you as clean a screen as possible while reading, which is why the status bar only appears when you press the Menu button.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by idgaf2day View Post
I have been given a Kindle for Christmas. Went in the stocking easily
I've set the time but I don't see it displayed. I would have assumed it would show at the top or the bottom of the page. I don't wear a watch but do like to be aware of the time passing when I am reading. Can anyone give me any clues, please?

My kindle is the latest but basic device that sells for GB pounds 89 in the UK. No keyboard, no ads, no touchscreen.

Thanks in advance.
You have a Kindle 4 (K4) otherwise called a Kindle Non Touch (K4 NT). It's a great reader. I own one. In fact getting ready to go read on mine for a bit.

This reminds me my Kindle is an hour off now Daylight Savings ended. I need to fix that.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert