Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Lago
Connoisseur
Lago doesn't litterLago doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, REB1200, PRS-600
Red face hello, and conversion questions

greetings everyone.. i have owned my EBW1150 for about a year now and i LOVE it. the only real issues i have are the expensive memory , and the limited number of .IMP ebooks out there. sure there are lots of books, but i often find books that i want that are not available in .IMP format.

i have read, DL'd, re-read, and read again about all the varying conversion utilities out there.... and am even MORE confused than ever..

so, heres the deal,,, as of RIGHT now, i have two books in .PRC format (apparently secure) that i need to strip the DRM off of, and convert to .IMP for my device.

i have Mobi2imp, but it doesn't DO anything with the files. i also have ABC amber palm converter, but the resulting word document is scrambled, and therefore unusable. (i have become quite good at using EBW librarian to convert .txt files saved via word's MSDos Text feature)

what the heck am i doing wrong. i'm no computer slouch, but i need step by step directions, as i have NEVER done a conversion like this before.

this would be so much easier if the publishers would just get over their "you must have MY device to read MY books" mentality..

any help would be appreciated, the laptop is NO fun for reading...
Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Quote:
so, heres the deal,,, as of RIGHT now, i have two books in .PRC format (apparently secure) that i need to strip the DRM off of, and convert to .IMP for my device.
What format are the books in? PRC could be either Mobi, Palmdoc, Ereader, or even others as it's extension is for a Palm device.

Where did you purchase the book from? That will help figure it out.

If in ereader format you need ereader2html to remove the DRM, then convert the HTML to IMP using book designer. (Google Book Designer if your under windows).

Hope this helps point you in the right direction...
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
Lago
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
What format are the books in? PRC could be either Mobi, Palmdoc, Ereader, or even others as it's extension is for a Palm device.

Where did you purchase the book from? That will help figure it out.

If in ereader format you need ereader2html to remove the DRM, then convert the HTML to IMP using book designer. (Google Book Designer if your under windows).

Hope this helps point you in the right direction...
well, thats a PITA...

i purchased them from here; http://www.mobipocket.com/en/HomePag...sp?Language=EN

not the cheapest i am sure, but still.. the titles in question are "Crimson Skies", and "The Chronicles of Riddick"..

how could i find out which format it is in? i guess .prc files aren't very clear cut after all..
Old 10-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
mobi2imp is wonderful, but make sure you have the easy gui version 9.4. I LOVE it because it lets me make really big fonts and puts the author and title at the top of each page. That's a big plus for a harried, distracted woman like me!

I can't mange the secure mobi yet, but some of the experts here are helping. Meanwhile, have you seen all of the IMP and PRC titles here at MobileRead? They are free, and if you need extra big fonts like me, the PRC titles convert very easily with mobi2imp.

I'm sure the experts will check in soon and be more helpful. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy your EB-1150 as much as I have.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #5
Lago
Connoisseur

OK, i managed to figure it out... successfully converted those two files. WAHOO>....:-)
Advert