Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
That moment of terror...

that squeezes your heart before hitting your gut like red hot lead (or a stupidly quaffed pint of guiness).

You've just let your 505 in a basket in Tesco.

*cue a loudly shouted curseword and running the wrong way up an escalator* (okay turning round and jumping back off the escalator)

Guess how I started this morning...

Thankfully it was still there.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i think i would have had a heart attack. thank heavens you found it safely !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
That's worse than forgetting your child.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hee ! i see Dreamer clearly has an excellent hold on her priorities.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Glad to hear that your "baby" was safe and waiting for you.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #6
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hee ! i see Dreamer clearly has an excellent hold on her priorities.
Especially since I don't have any children to forget. Besides, if you leave a child, people typically try to return the child immediately, probably because it's crying and making a fuss.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Glad you found it also. That reminds me, I should put a file on mine containing Owner Information in case I ever lose mine and it's found by a kind soul.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Especially since I don't have any children to forget. Besides, if you leave a child, people typically try to return the child immediately, probably because it's crying and making a fuss.

Dreamer
i sometimes wish i could return a child who hasn't even been forgotten, for just that reason.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #9
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I left mine in an exam room at a doctor's office once. I go back in to find him reading it. He said "don't worry, I bookmarked your page... I've been looking at these, how do you like it?"
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I left mine in an exam room at a doctor's office once. I go back in to find him reading it. He said "don't worry, I bookmarked your page... I've been looking at these, how do you like it?"
best case scenario. you are lucky he didn't give you an innocent look and say "sony reader ? what sony reader ? i haven't seen any sony reader, no..."
Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #11
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Glad to hear that your "baby" was safe and waiting for you.
Given that I was less than 5 steps from the store when I remembered I would have been surprised if it hadn't still been there.

But I was very releived that it was. :-)
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I feel your anxiety.

Mindlessly left my 505 on the treadmill at the gym the other day. I was in the middle of my after-workout stretches when I realized what I'd done. Man, I was back in the treadmill room faster than my bartender at closing time. And it was right where I left it. Whew!

Fortunately not a whole lot of bookworms hang out at the gym
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #13
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
My Lost & Found Tale

I was in the filled waiting room while my Mom was getting her eyes checked at the Shiley Eye Center at UCSD Hospital. After 45 minutes Mom comes out and signals that she needs my help walking out (she has neuropathy in her feet) so I turn my Reader off, put the stretchy band I use to keep the cover closed around it and slide it into my purse. Or so I thought. Later that night I go to get it out of my purse and it's not there!! I search the car and mentally retrace my steps for the day: Shiley, Costco, Trader Joe's; I know it wasn't lost at Trader Joe's since I just took my wallet in while Mom stayed in the car. I fret about having been pickpocketed at Costco and get no sleep that night. I call Shiley at 8:30 the next morning and boy, am I surprised! Someone found it just after I had gotten up and turned it in at the reception desk!! I'm there to pick it up at 10:30 and the person I spoke to isn't there and no one knows where it is or what exactly a Reader is or looks like. Someone opens the safe and I see it-- my lovely Reader in it's red Dooney & Bourke cover. I exclaimed "That's it!!" and it was once again safe and sound in my hands!!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #14
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
My tale of woe concerned my work ereader, the Nokia N800. I was preparing morning report for the day shift and felt in my labcoat pocket for my tablet...oh noes, not there! So, at 5am I revisited every patient room I had been in the previous 12 hours, finally finding it under a bed in the ICU.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:54 AM   #15
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle, Sony Ereader, Ipad & iPhone
Sad and happy

I left my PRS-500 on the train that connects two parts of Madrid Airport's T4 buildings.
I realised as soon as I got off and the door had closed.
I rushed to the security guard and she called security at the other end.
It wasn't there
I went home depressed and the next day ordered a 505
So not a great loss in the end

AndiR
AndiR is offline   Reply With Quote