Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free book (Copia ADE-ePub) Pride & Prejudice Annotated Edition [Classics]

Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, is available free in a new annotated edition with full-length margin notes/commentary by noted Austen scholar and University of Virginia professor of English Susan Fraiman.

Apparently this is an ADE-ePub version which you will need to browse in the special Copia Reader app (available for desktop and tablets) to see the full notes. Presumably it'll just work as an ordinary edition of P&P if you load it up on your regular reader, but hopefully a nicely proofread and formatted one.

Anyway, if you're interested, here's the page for it on Copia's website and they've apparently also some free football guide by a known sportswriter as well, and have apparently replaced some of their older PDF former freebies with ePub copies.

Description (I skipped the P&P regular intro blurb; I figure you all know what the story's about already)
This Copia Edition of Pride and Prejudice is fully annotated by Susan Fraiman, professor of English at the University of Virginia and noted Austen scholar. Using the Copia eReader, Austen fans can read Fraiman's lively and illuminating notes right in the margins of the book.

Ever wonder what shoe roses are? How to tell a phaeton from a barouche? Would you like to know why Austen's opening sentence is so famous? Why Lydia Bennet is key to the conclusion? Well-versed in the debates that animate critics, familiar with the issues that fascinate students, Fraiman takes up all these questions and more with insight, clarity, and humor.

This edition will appeal to those already on a first-name basis with Jane as well as to those just getting to know her, and is ideal for book clubs, classrooms, and inquiring readers everywhere.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Anyone know how to find the ebook after one has ploughed through the registration process and finally downloaded it?

I've got their wretched desktop reader, but I want to read it on my Sony.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 06:11 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Anyone know how to find the ebook after one has ploughed through the registration process and finally downloaded it?

I've got their wretched desktop reader, but I want to read it on my Sony.
I don't know if it's got DRM on it, but the book itself should be in your documents folder under Copia Library. Look in the books subfolder (under copia library) and you should find the book there.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Go to Settings, purchase History and use the download button to get the ACSM to load into Sony or ADE.

You can then uninstall the wretched reader.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
pageturner
pageturner began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Fun FREE edition of Pride & Prejudice

I found something really fun at Copia. I’ve gotten free copies of Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen from many places, but Copia’s free version has an extra bonus. They had a college professor who specializes in Jane Austen add over 100 notes into the text. The notes only show up when you read it on their ereader, but when you do, the notes show up on the side of the text so you can read them alongside the book. It’s like pop-up video, but for books! I normally read ebooks on my nook, but this one was worth reading through their app.

You can find the book here: http://www.thecopia.com/catalog/deta...?catId=8999666
pageturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
You're a bit late. There was already a thread here about it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152351
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:10 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks, Crich70 and Koland.

I did find the folder, but looking at the books I really didn't like their formatting, and don't have time to do it properly.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote