Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #256
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Is there any way to sort the list of books by author or story title when I search for unmatched books?
The book matching page has three lists on it? Which of them are you talking about?

But, the answer is "probably no". If clicking the column headings doesn't sort the lists, then it hasn't been implemented. I'll have a look when I get a chance, but I'm not promising that that will happen any time soon.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:08 AM   #257
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
It's the list from the csv-file. I've tried click on both author and title and nothing happens.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Also, could I use something other than title and author to match the stories to the information in the csv-file?

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 09-13-2017 at 02:51 AM.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #258
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's the list from the csv-file. I've tried click on both author and title and nothing happens.
I thought that was what you meant. I'll have a look sometime, but I suspect the answer is going to be no. The top two lists are synced. Sorting one means the other needs to be sorted to keep the rows in the same place. That is just complex enough that I'm not sure I want to do it. I may still look at it, but don't hold your breath.
Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Also, could I use something other than title and author to match the stories to the information in the csv-file?
I assume you mean on an identifier. If so, it is probably possible. But, again, it would be a bit of work, and it's not something that I'm interested in doing at the moment.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:12 AM   #259
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Ok, I'll have another look and see if I can narrow it down somehow, to make the list easier to find the books that it somehow doesn't find on its own.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #260
WHA1949
WHA1949 began at the beginning.

Device: PALM Zire, Sony TRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by asllearner View Post
HI. I have begun using this plugin in conjuction with the androind "book catalogue" app. It works pretty well, but a few small issues, and a feature request:

One issue is that bookcatalogue uses "|" as a delimiter in the author field. This leads to only the first author being captured. For now I am editing the csv file manually with a quick replace...I wonder if that might be managed within the plugin somehow.

The title field seems not to be matching so there must be some other problems there, too....I have to manually match every file each time I load the csv...

Also, bookcatalogue provides a uuid field, which among other things seems to identify the cover picture, which is kept in a separate file. I wonder if it would be possible to import a photo based on the value of a field (e.g. file name in the same folder as the original csv)?

There are a few other issues, but i am still tinkering to see if they are plugin or or app or data issues.
Check this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=bookcatalogue
WHA1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:48 PM   #261
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've been wondering, what if the list is sorted by title or author before loading the list into the plugin? Could something be done to make the plugin read the list the same way it's sorted in the csv?
Old 09-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #262
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I've been wondering, what if the list is sorted by title or author before loading the list into the plugin? Could something be done to make the plugin read the list the same way it's sorted in the csv?
I don't use the plugin enough to remember, but I thought that was the order the books were displayed in. Are you saying it isn't?
Old 09-27-2017, 01:47 AM   #263
Tanjamuse
Wizard

As far as I can see, it's not sorted in any way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2017-09-27 07.44.57.png
Views:	226
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	159195  
Old 09-27-2017, 02:54 AM   #264
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
As far as I can see, it's not sorted in any way.
That list should be in the same order as the records in the source file. I just had a very quick look at the code and, I can not see any sorting or other reordering being done. You can reverse the order, but that should be reverse of the order in the file.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:55 AM   #265
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Ok, I'll have a look at my CSV-files.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #266
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've found a program to sort the information in my csv-files. As far as I can tell it loads the file as it should, but when I get to press Finish I get the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 3.6.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

calibre 3.6 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Tanja's Tools (0, 0, 6) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 0) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && FanFicFare (2, 15, 0) && Import List (1, 2, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 75) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 71) && Edit Columns (0, 0, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 338, in validatePage
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 180, in _apply_metadata_updates
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 232, in _update_mi_for_book
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 254, in _update_mi_custom_column
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 804, in field_from_string
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'
Old 10-29-2017, 01:59 PM   #267
DJViking
DJViking began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
And this plugin can be trusted?
I was about to load it into Calibre, but the warning made me insecure.
Quote:
Installing plugins is a security risk. Plugins can contain a virus/malware. Only install if if you got it from a trusted source. Are you sure you want to proceed?
DJViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #268
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJViking View Post
And this plugin can be trusted?
I was about to load it into Calibre, but the warning made me insecure.
You only get that message if you install using the ZIP file. If you install it by searching for it and then installing it, you don't get that message. That message is just a warning to make sure you know what you are installing and yes, this plugin is safe.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #269
DJViking
DJViking began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You only get that message if you install using the ZIP file. If you install it by searching for it and then installing it, you don't get that message. That message is just a warning to make sure you know what you are installing and yes, this plugin is safe.
Good, thank you. I did not see at first the option "Get new plugins".
However, searching for "List" and clicking Install gives me the same warning dialog message.
DJViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:55 PM   #270
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJViking View Post
Good, thank you. I did not see at first the option "Get new plugins".
However, searching for "List" and clicking Install gives me the same warning dialog message.
Right, because these are USER written PI, not vetted or approved by the creator of Calibre. It is a generic 'know and trust the author' type warning.

You can believe that any of the long time PI are not malicious because there would be screams here if someone did.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
column types