Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Sony PRS-350 and PRS-650

I hear these two models are coming soon but when? I don't want to be buying the PRS-600 today and next week the PRS-650 comes out which potentially is a sour investment.

Last edited by thymaster; 08-24-2010 at 03:20 AM.
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
lord_blackfang
Enthusiast
lord_blackfang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-600
I would definitely wait and see.
lord_blackfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
It is likely they will hold a press conference on new ereaders around this week...
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Actually, it's the 350 and not the 550.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:20 AM   #5
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
^ LOL. That's what I meant. I'm more interested in the 6" screen then the 5".
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
lithprinter
lithprinter began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I was in the Sony store today trying to get a 300 at £99, but no-one has any left, anywhere. They said they were awaiting some 'new models' that would be available in October, but they didn't have any prices or specifications.
lithprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithprinter View Post
I was in the Sony store today trying to get a 300 at £99, but no-one has any left, anywhere. They said they were awaiting some 'new models' that would be available in October, but they didn't have any prices or specifications.
W H Smiths still seem to have them at £99 online, with free delivery. At least, the website let me put one in my shopping basket...

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Based upon prior years, the new Readers will hit stores around the end of October (at the latest). It is possible to see them earlier but wouldn't hold my breath.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
Avex
Avex began at the beginning.

Device: iTouch 4th gen,Nook WiFi
Looks like I have to wait a bit for the new Sony readers to be released. We will just have to wait and see then..
Avex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:36 AM   #10
lithprinter
lithprinter began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
W H Smiths still seem to have them at £99 online, with free delivery. At least, the website let me put one in my shopping basket...

Graham
I should have said I haven't tried online.

I went in Smiths, Waterstones , Sony and Currys in Oxford and they had all sold out. I wanted to look at one before I bought it rather than buy online. Sony implied they wouldn't be getting any more because they were waiting for the new ones, but knew absolutely nothing about them (price or spec).
lithprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the price is right and the screens are Pearl and ADE has been updated, I might possibly go for a new Reader.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Maybe a repost...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20013664-1.html
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Can someone please change the topic? it's 350, not 550.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

What happened to the supposed meeting with TeleRead and Sony?

Didn't TeleRead claim to have been invited to a meeting with Sony at the end of the month? Well you cannot get any nearer the end of the month than today. It seems like the rumors and chatter have died down to less than a whisper about new Sony reader models. I thought it was odd that only TeleRead claimed this invitation. Shouldn't Sony have invited other groups as well? I'm beginning to serious doubt much of what has been claimed by the bloggers and so-called tech info sites.

Tomorrow is the big Apple event, so if Sony plans to grab some air time they better do it today or it will get lost in the frenzy of Apple announcements.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #15
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Tomorrow is the big Apple event, so if Sony plans to grab some air time they better do it today or it will get lost in the frenzy of Apple announcements.
Maybe their new offering is so bad that that is what they're counting on .
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote