Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
mypolar
Enthusiast
mypolar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505 Yeah! Palm Tungesten E2
Tags/Collections Disappeared from Reader

Hi -

I updated some books to my reader this morning and all my collections were on both my SD card and the reader. Yet now they have disappeared from my Sony 505 Reader.

All the tags are blank in Calibre for the reader collections (The collections on my SD card are still there).

Any way to get these tag back besides manually adding them to the over 200 books that are saved on my reader? Ugh

Thanks!

Michelle
mypolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have found that the PRS-505 is prone to losing Collection data if for any reason it crashes (which is not that infrequent) while reading a book. It seems to lose the collection data from the device (memory or card) that was active at the time of the crash.

I would do it the other way around - get the Tags and Series correct in calibre and then delete/resend the books back to the PRS-505. The collections would then be recreated. At least it then become easy to recreate the collections if they are lost again.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
mypolar
Enthusiast
mypolar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505 Yeah! Palm Tungesten E2
Hi itimpi,

Why didn't I think of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post

I would do it the other way around - get the Tags and Series correct in calibre and then delete/resend the books back to the PRS-505. The collections would then be recreated. At least it then become easy to recreate the collections if they are lost again.

This is much easier than manually adding all of these tags again. Thank you for the quick response

Michelle
mypolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:02 AM   #4
pars_andy
Connoisseur
pars_andy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
I think this is a problem with the latest release. My news recipes are no longer in collections when downloaded to my 505. The collections are still there but they have no books in them. I'm sure this was also an issue with an older version of calibre.
pars_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:01 AM   #5
spideog
Connoisseur
spideog will become famous soon enoughspideog will become famous soon enoughspideog will become famous soon enoughspideog will become famous soon enoughspideog will become famous soon enoughspideog will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by pars_andy View Post
I think this is a problem with the latest release. My news recipes are no longer in collections when downloaded to my 505. The collections are still there but they have no books in them. I'm sure this was also an issue with an older version of calibre.
Just spotted the same issue with the news on my reader. I'm now using 0.6.32.
spideog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #6
evanmaastrigt
Connoisseur
evanmaastrigt doesn't litterevanmaastrigt doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideog View Post
Just spotted the same issue with the news on my reader. I'm now using 0.6.32.
I have the same issue. Opened ticket #4427 for it.
evanmaastrigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
pars_andy
Connoisseur

Any news on this being fixed? I'm still using 0.31 as this was the last release without this issue.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See the ticket, the solution is described there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #9
pars_andy
Connoisseur

Thanks. Will give that a go.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
cstbbs
cstbbs began at the beginning.

Device: PRS900
HOW DOES ONE OPEN A TICKET-IE, WHERE DOES ONE PUT IN THE TICKET #?

PLEAAAAAASE AND THANK YOU!!!!!

Last edited by cstbbs; 04-08-2011 at 11:04 AM.
cstbbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #11
cstbbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmaastrigt View Post
I have the same issue. Opened ticket #4427 for it.
Hello, Can you please tell me how to open ticket 4427-I have the same problem with tags/collections on my PRS 900.

Thank you
cstbbs
Old 04-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The SONY reader often loses collections, that is a bug in the reader firmware. I would suggest you set metadata management to automatic in calibre, then every time you connect your reader to calibre the collections will be automatically re-created. Be aware that doing so means that any collections you create outside of calibre will be lsot.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstbbs View Post
Hello, Can you please tell me how to open ticket 4427-I have the same problem with tags/collections on my PRS 900.

Thank you
cstbbs
You can't 'open' a existing ticket. Open in this context means 'Create a New Issue'

You can 'view' the ticket.
If you create/have an Launchpad account , you can comment (hopefully add more info that will help the devs track the beastie down ) on a ticket or open (create) a New ticket for a different bug.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
cstbbs

THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The SONY reader often loses collections, that is a bug in the reader firmware. I would suggest you set metadata management to automatic in calibre, then every time you connect your reader to calibre the collections will be automatically re-created. Be aware that doing so means that any collections you create outside of calibre will be lsot.
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!! BUT WHEN THE AUTO PLAY CAME ON I DID SOMETHING TOTALLY HICK-I CLICKED ON SCAN OR WAS IT CLEAR BEFORE OPENING -I SAID YES AND BOOM-MY COLLECTIONS DISAPPEARED-THO MY MEMORY STICK RETIANED ITS OWN COLLECTION.

I HOPE YOU KNOW YOUR ARE THE ACE-THANKYOU FOR THE CALIBRE.

CSTTBS
Old 04-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #15
cstbbs

OOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You can't 'open' a existing ticket. Open in this context means 'Create a New Issue'

You can 'view' the ticket.
If you create/have an Launchpad account , you can comment (hopefully add more info that will help the devs track the beastie down ) on a ticket or open (create) a New ticket for a different bug.
THANK YOU. I CONSIDER MYSELF SMART -BUT I FEEL SUCH A DUNCE.
KOVIND POSTED A SOLUTION. HOPE IT WORKS.

CSTBBS