Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Device: PRS505
Access to Sony store

Hello:

This might be in the wrong place, but couldn;t find anywhere else to put it - sorry:

I recently wiped my laptop and am trying to re-authorise my PRS505 to the Sony library software.
It's asking for my email address and password.
I have forgot my password (probably old age), so go down the 'retrieval route' which sends you passwrod to your email address - all well and fine, apart from the fact that I no longer work at my old company and therefore cannot receive the email with the password.
Of course I cannot change the email address because I cannot get into the account.
Does anyone know who I can contact to try to get this fixed? (I cannot find anything useful on the contact pages for this issue)

Thanks.
Icarusbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Here's a couple of ways to contact support:
http://ebooks.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/e...hp?p_faqid=122
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I've found their email support to be pretty useless, but their phone support very good...

Ebook tech support: (877) 263-2863.

9:00 am - 11:00 pm (EST) Mon - Fri
11:00 am - 6:00 pm (EST) Sat & Sun
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I've had an excellent time with their e-mail support. They were able to quickly resolve my account problems and their response time was excellent (i.e. only a couple hours after I sent the original e-mail).
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Device: PRS505
Well: thanks for all the suggestions:

I tried going to teir online live chat help, there were helpful, but ended up saying I neede to ring in as it is a security issue.

I decidedI can't be bothered, the old account does not contain any good books anyway (only freebies I got from my free credit when I got the unit), and I don't buy booked from the sony store anyhow.

Thanks anyway for all the suggestions.
Icarusbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert