Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #1
albertkindle81
albertkindle81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
K4 with black screen after using Kubrick

Hi everyone:

I've got a Kindle 4NT.

When I look at an ebook for a short time it "freezes" and I always have to do a hard reset.

I decided to use Kubrick to reflash the device.

I got until the part of activating the USB network and kubrick were flashing the kernel. It shown that it would take ten minutes. I left it 1 hour and it was the same.

I tried to restart the process with Kubrick but now I have the kindle with the black screen and not being able to access it in any way.

Like this:

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

I tried with Kubrick again but it doen't reach fastboot mode.

From the MfgTool try to put it in diags or fastboot but the screen goes white and goes to black so I can not operate in diags mode. (I tested with the recovery mode Power+Botton arrow too)

As I can not configure in diags mode I think I can not access kindle from my pc.

I read this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=169645

But everything it read depends about the kindle passes diags mode or fastboot so. I do not know how to reach a solution.

P.S: Batery is new and is fully charged (green led). I'm using a Windows PC. I got Kubrick in a USB stick (my pc has not DVD reader)

Any suggestion?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black screened kindle.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	159555  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-19-2017 at 10:17 AM.
albertkindle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The device is dead, eMMC failure, not worth the price of the part.
You might be able to sell the used screen.
But you are not going to be able to fix it without a complete SMD re-work station.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #3
albertkindle81

Before kubrick the device got frozen a lot of times

It was dead before I used Kubrick or after?
Old 10-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertkindle81 View Post
Before kubrick the device got frozen a lot of times

It was dead before I used Kubrick or after?
Before.
None of the programs used by the Kubrick wizard do any kind of program-readback-confirm process.
The contents of the eMMC storage device is not being changed, in technical terms, it is "dead".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:18 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #6
SKK
Addict
SKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneSKK makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: N/A
You can buy replacement motherboards here: http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Amazon...d-p-22864.html

They cost $1.45 plus shipping.
SKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:38 AM   #7
albertkindle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Ok, sorry
Old 10-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #8
albertkindle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKK View Post
You can buy replacement motherboards here: http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Amazon...d-p-22864.html

They cost $1.45 plus shipping.
Thanks, I didn't known about this site. I probably won't try more on this device but thanks for the info anyway
Old 10-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #9
albertkindle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Before.
None of the programs used by the Kubrick wizard do any kind of program-readback-confirm process.
The contents of the eMMC storage device is not being changed, in technical terms, it is "dead".
Thanks for the comment.

Best Regards.