Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2007, 05:53 AM   #1
ebookworm
ebookworm began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-500
Non-roman fonts

Can the reader display non-roman fonts? Any idea if Sony is thinking of supporting this in future if it's not possible right now.
ebookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
civicguy
civicguy began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hi I am pretty new here so maybe i am not the best source. Did you mean that you want the reader to read non-English fonts (e.g. Chinese).

For example, I would like, in the future, to use my reader to read Chinese stories etc. So I saw this thread: Seemed interesting...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12262

Not sure if that answers your question though
civicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2007, 12:52 AM   #3
ebookworm
ebookworm began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by civicguy View Post
Hi I am pretty new here so maybe i am not the best source. Did you mean that you want the reader to read non-English fonts (e.g. Chinese).
Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for the reference to the chinese thread. That's pretty cool.
ebookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #4
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Does anyone know of a source for any Reader-readable ebooks in Russian? Any converted books (older, free of copyright) would be most welcome!!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #5
Stanart
Addict
Stanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the rough

Device: Handspring Visor, Sony PRS-500 Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Does anyone know of a source for any Reader-readable ebooks in Russian? Any converted books (older, free of copyright) would be most welcome!!
I don't know of any converted books, but the Gutenberg web site has many books in other languages, including Russian. Some are in just plain text and some have been converted to HTML.
Stanart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2007, 05:06 AM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
There are plenty of Russian books available in fb2, which can be easily converted with FB2LRF.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:12 AM   #7
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
There are plenty of Russian books available in fb2, which can be easily converted with FB2LRF.
Where????????
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote