Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Simpler Way to Smarten Punctuation

Is there a simpler way to use the "smarten punctuation" function without altering anything else in a file? I looked at the Smartypants site, but it seems to be meant to work with blogging software I don't use. Reconverting files doesn't play nice with Sigil at the moment, so I don't want to convert my entire EPUB collection.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I assume you're aware the option is under 'Look and feel' based on the way you asked the question.

There is no simpler way to use the function, but maybe you're better describing what Calibre did that Sigil didn't like. There are a number of features that are enabled by default during conversion that may be what you 'don't like'. If you described what it is maybe we could help you. At a guess you should disable chapter detection, page break insertion, and splitting on page breaks.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
The main thing is that, as I saw it (I may have parsed the sequence of events incorrectly), Calibre seemed inclined to move the CSS files out of the Styles folder, and Sigil would them move them back in, without updating the links in individual xhtml files, causing styles to break.

I was hoping there was a utility that would let me apply the punctuation changes to an EPUB without changing anything else at all.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Weird - you should confirm whether it's Sigil or Calibre not updating the links correctly and open a bug against that project. I've seen Sigil move the stylesheet, but I've never seen any problem with the links not being changed.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote