Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 07-24-2017, 02:18 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Actually DASUNG is expecting to offer a device with the same resolution as Sony and with adjustable resolution depending on need. I believe the early models prototypes have less resolution.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #17
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by skynet84 View Post
But they're totally different devices...
Dasung is a screen with HDMI and the Sony is a kind a tablet (without HDMI)

Inviato dal mio ONE A2003 utilizzando Tapatalk
Yes, but someone has used Onyx Max like a monitor despite it doesn't have hdmi either .
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:16 AM   #18
ou4read
ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ou4read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Yes, but someone has used Onyx Max like a monitor despite it doesn't have hdmi either .
I have some experience with that, and believe me it doesn't go along with EPDs. It relies on existing protocol called VNC and there's no optimization for EPDs whatsoever. The delay is thus much more significant to the point that mouse control is unusable and even typing requires significant patience.
ou4read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #19
JS_F
Connoisseur
JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT RP1, Remarkable
I'm wondering how is the performance of paperlike pro on win 10. Has anyone tried it yet?
JS_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:43 AM   #20
JS_F
Connoisseur
JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.JS_F knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT RP1, Remarkable
Paperlike Pro is now on Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/e...o/x/16456743#/
JS_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 06:59 PM   #21
skynet84
Enthusiast
skynet84 is on a distinguished road

Device: none
I just upload my new video of the Dasung PaperlikePro!
https://youtu.be/daooWt0UsSI

The video is in 4K resolution and subtitled!
skynet84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:11 AM   #22
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
Quote:

Great review! Very tempting
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:01 AM   #23
skynet84
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4H35H View Post
Great review! Very tempting
Thank you! Very happy about Paperlike Pro!
Old 10-04-2017, 05:44 PM   #24
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:

What a great review! I'm looking forward to the next part of review
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 03:12 AM   #25
skynet84
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by desk7 View Post
What a great review! I'm looking forward to the next part of review
Thank you desk7!
I really hope to do it soon! I will post here the link of the next review!
Old 10-24-2017, 03:21 AM   #26
skynet84
Enthusiast

Just uploaded my Full Review of DASUNG Paperlike Pro!
https://youtu.be/ZoUOHMh2q1M?list=PL...5R7w1n42GTIx11
This video is 4K resolution fully subtitled.
I will release other videoreview soon! :-)
Old 10-24-2017, 04:19 AM   #27
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Just uploaded my Full Review of DASUNG Paperlike Pro!
https://youtu.be/ZoUOHMh2q1M?list=PL...5R7w1n42GTIx11
This video is 4K resolution fully subtitled.
I will release other videoreview soon! :-)
Excellent!
I'm very interested in this product but I'm worried about ghosting: even in Floyd mode I can see the "footprint" of previous images. Isn't it annoying for you? Reading may be more difficult.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:25 AM   #28
skynet84
Enthusiast

Hi desk7! I can confirm you that it doesnt' REALLY gives any problem!
I think that I used the Clear button really few times since I have my Dasung! Don't worry absolutely! It's a very good purchase! ;-)
Old 10-25-2017, 02:11 PM   #29
desk7
Groupie

Quote:
Hi desk7! I can confirm you that it doesnt' REALLY gives any problem!
I think that I used the Clear button really few times since I have my Dasung! Don't worry absolutely! It's a very good purchase! ;-)
On another thread we are discussing about monitor capability of the next Onyx Boox Max.
Could you please tell me the input lag with dasung in the different modes? (I mean the lag between the LCD screen and Dasung in moving cursor in A16, Floyd and A2 mode).
In the Onyx the input lag is very high: about one second.
Thanks!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:31 AM   #30
skynet84
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by desk7 View Post
On another thread we are discussing about monitor capability of the next Onyx Boox Max.
Could you please tell me the input lag with dasung in the different modes? (I mean the lag between the LCD screen and Dasung in moving cursor in A16, Floyd and A2 mode).
In the Onyx the input lag is very high: about one second.
Thanks!
Well I don't know exactly the amount the delay but believe me it's totally acceptable.
I work almost all the day only with my Dasung for writing, browsing the web, etc. in Floyd mode.
I will do a video where I'll show the minum delay input when I do word processing.
Anyway I saw the video of Onyx Boox Max 2 playing youtube and the delay is soooo huge!