Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
GTKSudoku Application Release

I've ported a Sudoku application for the DR1000.

This is definitely a cool application if you do Sudoku. You can generate new puzzles, or use some that have already been created. It has buttons to check if you have any errors, and also to solve the puzzle for you.

I can create regular 9x9 puzzles, and also the crazy large 16x16. It does take a little while to generate the 16x16 board and puzzle, so have patience the first time you select that.

To install: Unzip Sudoku.zip to the root of your SD card. For example, if your SD card shows up as the E:\ drive on your computer, you should have an E:\Programs folder after you unzip it.

After installing, you'll be able to select the Sudoku icon from the Documents/Programs folder on your device. From there you can press new for a new puzzle, or open to open an existing.

Note: the keyboard is off in the screenshot because it's running in the emulator. On the DR, the full keyboard is visible.

I did modify the sources a bit from the original program, so I've attached those as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sudoku1.png
Views:	5497
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	17651   Click image for larger version

Name:	sudoku2.png
Views:	976
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	17652  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sudoku.zip (71.3 KB, 805 views)
File Type: gz gtk-sudoku-sources-0.7.2.tar.gz (491.0 KB, 579 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Works, no problem. Not much good at Sudoku myself . Is it normal for the shortcut icon to be the same as FBReader's? (I moved the shortcut to the desktop, though)
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
Works, no problem. Not much good at Sudoku myself . Is it normal for the shortcut icon to be the same as FBReader's? (I moved the shortcut to the desktop, though)
Yeah it is. I still haven't found a way to setup custom icons. I suspect that's a feature iRex will have to add.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Yeah it is. I still haven't found a way to setup custom icons. I suspect that's a feature iRex will have to add.
(Slightly O.T.) Probably. As I found out a while ago they are stored in the metadata.db of a given folder where the file/shortcut is located, rather than in the file/shortcut itself, which makes moving them around pretty much impossible.

On the upshot, it may be possible to decode that part of the metadata.db (as the scribble part already has) and write a (python) script to generate a metadata.db as a starting point.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
Isamu
Baby eBookworm
Isamu began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
I'm still waiting for my DR to be shipped, but I was hoping that some kind soul would port this! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:47 AM   #6
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
On the upshot, it may be possible to decode that part of the metadata.db (as the scribble part already has) and write a (python) script to generate a metadata.db as a starting point.
We use the following script, should run on the device as well:

add_icons_to_database.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh

set -e          # exit on error

die()
{
    echo "--- $*"
    exit 1
}

if [ $# -le 1 ]
then
    die "Must specify database as first parameter."
fi
database="$1"
shift

if [ $# -le 1 ]
then
    die "Must specify sort_priority as second parameter."
fi
sort_prio="$1"
shift

for file in $*
do
    filename="$file"
    file_type="${file##*.}"
    file_size=`stat -c '%s' $filename`
    file_time=`stat -c '%Y' $filename`
    sqlite3 "$database" "insert into file_metadata (filename, file_type, file_size, file_last_modified, sort_priority, is_directory) values ('$file', '$file_type', $file_size, $file_time, $sort_prio, 0);"
    sort_prio=`expr $sort_prio - 1`

file_id=`sqlite3 "$database" "select file_id from file_metadata where filename='$filename';"`
    sqlite3 "$database" "insert into thumbnails (file_id) values ($file_id);"

for size in mini small medium large
    do
        bitmap_file=`basename "$filename" ".$file_type"`
        bitmap_file="icon-${bitmap_file}-${size}.png"
        if [ -f "$bitmap_file" ]
        then
            column="thumb_data_$size"
            hexdump=`hexdump -v -e '/1 "%02x"' "$bitmap_file"`
            # hexdump=`od --output-duplicates --format=x1 --width=4 "$bitmap_file" | awk '{ printf("%s%s%s%s", $2, $3, $4, $5) }'`
            sqlite3 "$database" "update thumbnails set $column = x'$hexdump' where file_id = $file_id;"
        fi
    done
done

On topic: nice app, now move the top icons into the Popup Menu and we can ship it in the standard software

Last edited by Matthijs; 11-07-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:08 AM   #7
Mambo
Gadget fan
Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: RM Tablet PC, iLiad, PRS 505, iPod Touch
Is it full-screen?
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:58 AM   #8
patatan
Enthusiast
patatan is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Gen 3, DR1000S
Thanks
patatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:06 AM   #9
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
On topic: nice app, now move the top icons into the Popup Menu and we can ship it in the standard software
Thanks for the script, I'll have to add it in the next release.

I need to do more testing with hello_world. I still haven't got the menu to work in there.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #10
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I need to do more testing with hello_world. I still haven't got the menu to work in there.
The application uses the package name (hello-world) for its ipc service but a hyphen is not allowed in the dbus namespace. Try to change the package name or DBUS_APPL_NAME define in ipc.c. Now the popup menu should be filled with items.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #11
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
The application uses the package name (hello-world) for its ipc service but a hyphen is not allowed in the dbus namespace. Try to change the package name or DBUS_APPL_NAME define in ipc.c. Now the popup menu should be filled with items.
Yes!

That did it! Now it looks like I have some work to do.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #12
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
WOW!
I would LOVE to have that on my Sony PRS-505 ...

Still wonderful that a game like this is available for the Iliad!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
WOW!

I believe you can have it on your Sony. It was done there first as I recall. Check the developers forum in the Sony group.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:21 AM   #14
obelix
Connoisseur
obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
WOW!

For PRS 500 and 505:

http://www.msh-tools.com/ebook/sudoku.html
obelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #15
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Thanks for the link!
I'll test it out one of these days!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote