Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
How to redownload a book to my Kobo

I purcased a couple of ebooks from Kobo, but removed them from Arc/Mini. I went to the Kobo website and tried to have the resent, but I don't see an option to do so. The titles show in my purchase history, but all I can do is download to my PC as a Adobe DRM EPUB - which from the description of it is for reading on a device other than Kobo.

Is there really no way to just have my book sent back to my device other than having to start messing around with book formats or whatever?

Any help would be appreciated.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
I purcased a couple of ebooks from Kobo, but removed them from Arc/Mini. I went to the Kobo website and tried to have the resent, but I don't see an option to do so. The titles show in my purchase history, but all I can do is download to my PC as a Adobe DRM EPUB - which from the description of it is for reading on a device other than Kobo.

Is there really no way to just have my book sent back to my device other than having to start messing around with book formats or whatever?

Any help would be appreciated.
I've only done this once but I seem to remember that if you go to kobobooks.com, log in and go to your account, from the My Purchases tab, you can bookmark the purchased book that you removed and it will be re-sent when you synchronize your ereader or application.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
mr_nihilism
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, but I just don't see any option for bookmarking anything in the Purchases tab. Clicking on the book title will only allow me to download as an Adobe EPUB. Right clicking it does nothing of use.

If there is a way to simply have the book resent like when I first purchased it, Kobo is not making it obvious.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Use the search for book in the Kobo bookstore on your device typing in the name of the book. When you find it will say download rather than buy since you have already purchased it. This method just worked for me this afternoon. You must have access to wifi. Dixie
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
To use DNSB's method, you have to go into the library section. Look at the top of the kobobooks.com page and click on 'My Library'. This will take you to your Library' page. You will see a row with 'I'm Reading', 'Purchased', and 'Trash'. This is close to the top of the page (third row down) and quite small so it is easy to miss. Click on 'Purchased'. Check mark the book you want to select and then click on the bookmark button at the top of the book list. Then sync as DNSB suggested.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Either that or go to the Trash link, select the book(s) you want to restore and select the UNDELETE button. This will return it to the I'm Reading section, and either a WiFi sync or Desktop sync will recover the book.

The direct links are:

I'm Reading http://www.kobobooks.com/library/reading.html
Purchased http://www.kobobooks.com/library/purchased.html
Trash http://www.kobobooks.com/library/trash.html

I will admit though I don't understand the difference between Purchased and I'm Reading.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
mr_nihilism

Thanks everybody. I tried the different methods mentioned and they all work easy, breezy.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
Thanks, but I just don't see any option for bookmarking anything in the Purchases tab. Clicking on the book title will only allow me to download as an Adobe EPUB. Right clicking it does nothing of use.

If there is a way to simply have the book resent like when I first purchased it, Kobo is not making it obvious.
After I sign in on the kobobooks.com site, I click on My Library and then click on Purchased. I then see a line with a Sort By dropdown and immediately below that a checkbox for Select All followed on the same line by two buttons for Bookmark and Delete. If I select a file by clicking on the checkbox beside it's icon and then click the Bookmark button, I get prompted "Would you like to bookmark Page 1?", clicking on Yes bookmarks that book and it can then be resynced.

I've attached an image of what I see when bookmarking a purchased book.

Regards,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bookmark_book.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	98942  

Last edited by DNSB; 01-07-2013 at 12:28 AM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I will admit though I don't understand the difference between Purchased and I'm Reading.
I'm Reading is the list of books that you are currently reading, more specifically, on the app side of life, it is what is used to display your Library. If a book is on I'm Reading, it will, providing it's format type is supported by the app in question, be displayed in the Library in the app.

If you remove a book from the I'm Reading list, then it's removed from the Library in the app.

The Purchased list, in my understanding of it, exists to show you purchased items that you have not moved to the trash, and it gives you the option of moving them to the trash, or bookmarking them (reset position in the book) to page 1

Of note to everyone, there is *another* list of purchases, and perhaps this is where the confusion about why there is no Bookmark / Delete / Adobe DRM ePub / PDF option.

The "Purchases" list, which is the URL mentioned by Peter, is here: http://www.kobobooks.com/library/purchased.html
It is that URL / Page / List that has the aforementioned options

The "Purchase History" list, can be found at this URL: https://secure.kobobooks.com/71485/p...urchasehistory
This is usually found by accessing the My Account section of the site and then selecting Purchase History. It should display all of your purchases, regardless of their visibility on the other lists (I'm Reading, Purchases, and Trash). This page does NOT contain any options for bookmarking, deleting, or downloading an Adobe version of the file. If you click on the book title, it will take you to the item page for that book.

I believe this page is meant to serve simply as a reference to all of the purchases you have made, and their order number, should you ever need to query that purchase.

Last edited by Sharkus; 01-09-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #10
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
The Purchased list, in my understanding of it, exists to show you purchased items that you have not moved to the trash, and it gives you the option of moving them to the trash, or bookmarking them (reset position in the book) to page 1
Also, if you delete/remove a book from an app/device it will be removed from the I'M READING list but will remain on the PURCHASED list. The book can then be restored by bookmarking it. It will then immediately re-appear on the I'M READING list and will re-appear on your apps/devices after the next sync.

Quote:
The "Purchase History" list, can be found at this URL: https://secure.kobobooks.com/71485/p...urchasehistory
This is usually found by accessing the My Account section of the site and then selecting Purchase History. It should display all of your purchases, regardless of their visibility on the other lists (I'm Reading, Purchases, and Trash). This page does NOT contain any options for bookmarking, deleting, or downloading an Adobe version of the file. If you click on the book title, it will take you to the item page for that book.
When the item page for the book is displayed it will also show the status of the book from the Kobo servers point of view. That is, it will generally say "THIS ITEM IS IN YOUR LIBRARY". What this means from a practical point of view is that if the book has been deleted from the I'M READING, PURCHASED and TRASH lists, the Kobo servers have a record of the book and it can then be restored by contacting customer care.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #11
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
Also, if you delete/remove a book from an app/device it will be removed from the I'M READING list but will remain on the PURCHASED list. The book can then be restored by bookmarking it. It will then immediately re-appear on the I'M READING list and will re-appear on your apps/devices after the next sync.
I was going to mention this, but I wanted to check what the behaviour was, specifically on iOS as that's where my forte lies. I had a feeling that when a book is deleted on iOS that it is removed from I'm Reading and the Purchased list. I've confirmed this is not the case, it is only removed from I'm Reading.

Quote:
When the item page for the book is displayed it will also show the status of the book from the Kobo servers point of view. That is, it will generally say "THIS ITEM IS IN YOUR LIBRARY". What this means from a practical point of view is that if the book has been deleted from the I'M READING, PURCHASED and TRASH lists, the Kobo servers have a record of the book and it can then be restored by contacting customer care.
Also something I was going to mention. I held off for the reason you mention that if a book is removed from the trash list, ie; it is completely deleted from the lists, then you have to contact customer care to get it back on your I'm Reading list. This is a little frustrating as there should be something on the book item page which does the same as bookmarking the book on the Purchased page to get the book added back to I'm Reading, without the need to contact CC. I'm not sure why there isn't such an option.

The only workaround I have is to make sure you never delete a book from your trash, as that will allow you to go back and put it on the I'm Reading list.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #12
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
UNLESS, you didn't purchase the book but received it as a gift... then it does not show up in 'purchased'...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote