Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Two Prime Ministers in Oz?

What an exciting election!

All those who are afraid this will bring instability are quaking in their boots.

What do they think? We will have armed guards at the next election like other countries?

There was a sausage sizzle at our polling booth, some places had a cake stall. I still think this is the lucky country.

Seeing as both leaders of the major parties want to be Prime Minister, and they are both declaring that they want to form a minority government, can we have two Prime Ministers?

Last edited by SneakySnake; 08-22-2010 at 12:07 AM.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:40 AM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I didn't realise that Australians spell 'Labor' without the u.

I think close results are a good thing - stops politicians taking the electorate for granted, and can stop the battier policies getting through on the nod.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 04:18 AM   #3
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
We're slowly converging towards a presidential system, even if it isn't officially so. This election has proved it more so than ever that its not necessarily the person contesting for an electorate, rather their leader.
I say to hell with it, lets start the republic. We don't want, nor need, to have a GG intervening in this type of matter.

Also on another note, is it just me or has the roles of the two main parties been reversed, like they're standing for what the opposite once believed in. Maybe its just me
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:05 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Oooopppsss! I forgot to vote... Now waiting for the fine...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
We're slowly converging towards a presidential system, even if it isn't officially so. This election has proved it more so than ever that its not necessarily the person contesting for an electorate, rather their leader.
I say to hell with it, lets start the republic. We don't want, nor need, to have a GG intervening in this type of matter.

Also on another note, is it just me or has the roles of the two main parties been reversed, like they're standing for what the opposite once believed in. Maybe its just me
Now you have to work out which one is tweedledum and which is tweedledummer.

Same... same... but different!
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
you mean you had "food bribes" at the polling stations !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #7
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
you mean you had "food bribes" at the polling stations !!!!
I think they were more like local fundraisers. Usually to raise funds for the surf lifesavers etc. Ours was closing as we got there. lucky I had my breaky/lunch before we went.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I didn't realise that Australians spell 'Labor' without the u.
They don't, generally speaking - it's only the name of the political party that lacks it; the name came from the American "labor movement".

This present situation in Australia is, of course, extremely similar to the situation we faced in the UK three months ago - an election result with no party having an overall majority. The result in the UK's case was a coalition government formed by the Conservative and Liberal Democrat parties.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote