Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2013, 04:21 AM   #16
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Thanks!
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #17
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Hi!

At last I decided to publish here my port of Cool Reader. Initially it was developed for Kobo devices (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=222803) but recently I've ported it to Kindle.

My work based on Craizy Coder's port. But now it is much differs from the origin.

Main features:
* It is optimized and works now for Touch devices (KT, KPW, KPW2).
* Configurable swiped and tap zones.
* Multi-language virtual keyboard can be used for text search, remarks, dictionary (remarks and dictionary are not implemented yet, but will be soon)
* Configurable screen saver
* Very comfortable frontlight control
* Very comfortable dialogs (TOC, Recent books, Open file).

Download
Please, don't be confuzed. pbchess is the pack of my apps, one of which is CoolReader.

Installation

Other programs
1. pbchess (chess trainer) (Touch, Non-touch)
2. checkers (Touch, Non-touch)
3. reversi (othello) (Touch, Non-touch)
4. sokoban (Touch, Non-touch)
5. sudoku (beta, touch only)
6. takuzu (beta, touch only)
7. notepad (Touch, Non-touch)
8. calculator (Touch, Non-touch)

sudoku, takuzu, notepad, calculator will not require registration starting from the next release (in a few days).
It is really solid on the PW2 ! Thanks for your work !

I am only missing notes and dictionary, but when they'll have been implemented, this will be just fantastic !

K for you !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #18
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
It is really solid on the PW2 ! Thanks for your work !

I am only missing notes and dictionary, but when they'll have been implemented, this will be just fantastic !

K for you !
Thanks!

Now I'm adoptating CR for not-touch devices and after that I'll start notes and dictionary.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #19
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Thanks!

Now I'm adoptating CR for not-touch devices and after that I'll start notes and dictionary.
Glad to read this, keep on the great work
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #20
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wiki

At last I've found a time and created CoolReader wiki page:

http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?id=en:coolreader

It will grow
Advert
Old 12-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Wonderful version of Coolreader for the PW2! I've got it set up just as I like, but there's one problem for which I haven't been able to locate a remedy. When I click on vlasovsoft in KUAL the frontlight goes off, and none of the settings, including the one in Coolreader, will restore it. I have to go back to the main menu and change the intensity to get it to come back on. I've tried the frontlight at various settings, including maximum, but it still goes off when I go to the vlasovsoft menu. I want Coolreader for the finer font size adjustments and margins but I need the light. Any suggestions appreciated!
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Wonderful version of Coolreader for the PW2! I've got it set up just as I like, but there's one problem for which I haven't been able to locate a remedy. When I click on vlasovsoft in KUAL the frontlight goes off, and none of the settings, including the one in Coolreader, will restore it. I have to go back to the main menu and change the intensity to get it to come back on. I've tried the frontlight at various settings, including maximum, but it still goes off when I go to the vlasovsoft menu. I want Coolreader for the finer font size adjustments and margins but I need the light. Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks for reporting! First of all, please set Log level = 2 in the launcher/Settings (vlasovsoft launcher, "Settings tab").

2. Restart launcher (exit and run vlasovsoft again)
3. Try to change frontlight level in Settings, turn it on/off by means of checkbox
4. Exit from launcher
5. Give me the file vlasovsoft/launcher.log.txt

P.S. strange... I've been reported that there are not problems with frontlight in KPW2. Yre you using the latest version?
Old 12-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #23
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Whew! That was simple, it was my senility! It was unchecked. I was just seeing that as a heading and didn't realize it needed to be checked. Works great now that I turned it on. Sorry I troubled you!
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #24
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Whew! That was simple, it was my senility! It was unchecked. I was just seeing that as a heading and didn't realize it needed to be checked. Works great now that I turned it on. Sorry I troubled you!
If that one was a hard to find surprise - stay away from Android devices.

The above comment entered solely because I had one in my hands when I read your post above.

Here is another one to try on your "Always Connected (Amazon's phrase)" Kindle - -

Touch out SOS (three short touches, three long, three short) - see if they send out a repairman.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #25
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

New version of CoolReader + applications is released.

The main feature is non-touch devices support (K3, K4 2012/2013). See release notes for more details.

Where probably will be a lot of bugs in this release. Please report them here.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #26
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
'Previous 10 pages' and 'Next 10 pages' don't work in Navigation menu on PW2.
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #27
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
'Previous 10 pages' and 'Next 10 pages' don't work in Navigation menu on PW2.
Thanks! Re-uploaded.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #28
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
Thanks! Re-uploaded.
It works now. Thanks!
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #29
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Version 1.2.6.30 re-uploaded.

Fixed:

1. Problems with suspend/wakup by Power button on K4NT, KDX
2. Some minor keyboard-related fixes
Old 01-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #30
doudou1408
doudou1408 will become famous soon enoughdoudou1408 will become famous soon enoughdoudou1408 will become famous soon enoughdoudou1408 will become famous soon enoughdoudou1408 will become famous soon enoughdoudou1408 will become famous soon enough

Device: Paperwhite 2
Hi and thanks for this beautiful port who works perfectly on my PW2.
But i have just a little problem :

You said "Configurable screen saver", and i like this feature on my kindle but... i can't find it in your package or settings. Can you help me ?
doudou1408 is offline   Reply With Quote