Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #526
hoosdathu
hoosdathu began at the beginning.

Device: none
moon+ no longer works after i updated my samsung A9 Pro from marshmallow to nougat firmware

stuck at initialising stage forever after installing.

no choice but to use FBreader at the moment...
hoosdathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:58 PM   #527
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Try deleting the Moon folder using a file explorer app. Then try installing it again.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #528
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaekqubp View Post
Hi all, I scanned the FAQ and this thread a couple of times, and couldn't find an answer. Is it possible to relink to Google Drive or Dropbox without reinstalling the application? Somehow sync broke for me, and I don't have the option to re-enable it. I can sent a screenshot along if necessary.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
While in a book go to the miscellaneous menu. Go to the bottom and click on the settings for Dropbox. In there you can unlink and that should bring you back to the menu where you can check the box to sync again.

Syncing broke for me too and I remember getting a few emails from Dropbox saying that the app developer had to update something or Dropbox may not work properly. I sync with Google drive now.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:01 AM   #529
hoosdathu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Try deleting the Moon folder using a file explorer app. Then try installing it again.

Sent from my XT1528
tried using solid explorer to delete off and reinstall but same problem persists

sigh...

can only use moon+ on my spare phone lenovo p1 now. it's still on marshmallow 6.0.

wonder if any guys got problems using moon+ on android nougat firmware?
Old 12-08-2017, 01:22 PM   #530
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosdathu View Post
tried using solid explorer to delete off and reinstall but same problem persists

sigh...

can only use moon+ on my spare phone lenovo p1 now. it's still on marshmallow 6.0.

I wonder if any guys got problems using moon+ on android nougat firmware?
My phone has Nougat and I haven't had any problems.

There's also a hidden MoonReader folder in the same folder - try deleting that one too. You will need to have a file manager that allows you to see hidden files. I use FX File Explorer. The hidden files setting is in the view settings menu (while you are viewing files). You can also just delete the folder that the MoonReader folder was in if you don't have anything else in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171208-125932.png
Views:	339
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	160508  

Last edited by Purple Lady; 12-08-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Advert
Old 12-09-2017, 12:14 AM   #531
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes delete any folder that say Moonreader. Restart device then try again.

You are doing a clean install correct? Uninstalling old version before installing new?

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 12-09-2017 at 12:17 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #532
hoosdathu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
My phone has Nougat and I haven't had any problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You are doing a clean install correct? Uninstalling old version before installing new?
still doesn't work after reinstalling.
(already confirmed that i've deleted all moon+ remains using es explorer to double check for hidden files, before reinstalling )

but thanks for your help, guys.
appreciate your kind replies
Old 12-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #533
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
still doesn't work after reinstalling.
(already confirmed that i've deleted all moon+ remains using es explorer to double check for hidden files, before reinstalling )

but thanks for your help, guys.
appreciate your kind replies
Is your phone rooted? I remember having a problem with an app not working after reinstalling, and it turned out that there were folders left in data/data in the system root directory. No idea if this is the problem or not, just remembered a problem with a different app.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:11 AM   #534
hoosdathu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Is your phone rooted?
you're right, it's rooted.
it didn't have any problems when the a9 pro was still rooted on marshmallow 6.0.1
dunno why the app simply refused to work after upgrading to nougat firmware

my newly bought lenovo p2 has just been rooted (also on nougat 7.0), also no problems.
dunno why is it simply not working on my samsung phone ...

Last edited by hoosdathu; 12-10-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #535
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
you're right, it's rooted.
it didn't have any problems when the a9 pro was still rooted on marshmallow 6.0.1
dunno why the app simply refused to work after upgrading to nougat firmware

my newly bought lenovo p2 has just been rooted (also on nougat 7.0), also no problems.
dunno why is it simply not working on my samsung phone ...
I didn't mean to say that rooting was the problem, just that you would have to be rooted to delete data leftover after uninstalling. I just looked at my post and noticed that I didn't say to delete any leftover data.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:51 PM   #536
Chibul
Chibul began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung galaxy 10 2
I've went to great lengths to order my 200+ book collection how I want it (series ordered by publication date, authors/genres grouped together) by dragging titles around my shelf.

However upon closing/reopening the app a handful of titles are being reordered automatically for no apparent reason.

How can I stop this from happening?
Chibul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #537
robilarocn
Enthusiast
robilarocn began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanix View Post
But how can it be a Calibre issue? They are all tagged the same way. Still Moon+ decides to just read some of the tags or none at all. Same thing with the original covers.

I use "Send to device" which sends it to the SD card (Book folder) I then import them in Moon+.
One thing I have found that resolves it. Using Calibre to add correct metadata, once I have updated the books in question, I drag and drop them from my PC right into my ebooks folder on my tablet and then update in Moon Reader, importing new titles.

I found sending books from Calibre directly onto my device occasionally caused issues with the book content (in my case, missing book covers and sometimes garbled metadata).

The direct drag & drop method followed by import, works every time. I have roughly 11k of books that I have meticulously edited over the years and nary an issue with this method.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5a1BUmt.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	162272

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-14-2018 at 04:29 AM. Reason: picture too big
robilarocn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:53 AM   #538
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibul View Post
I've went to great lengths to order my 200+ book collection how I want it (series ordered by publication date, authors/genres grouped together) by dragging titles around my shelf.

However upon closing/reopening the app a handful of titles are being reordered automatically for no apparent reason.

How can I stop this from happening?
You can't. It doesn't keep drag order. You can use catergories to group books together or tags. It sorts by author or by date added. I don't know any eReader app or e-reader that allows drag order.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 04-12-2018, 06:44 AM   #539
svda
Connoisseur
svda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipse

Are more people experiencing problems with bookposition syncing over devices in the latest Moonreader Pro 4.5.0 (or earlier even) ?
Meaning : I save my book position on googledrive, by settings in moonreader to the same path [Gdrive]/Apps/Books. A file with .po extention is written for the book I am reading in the hidden directory APPS/books/.Moon+/cache and the time is concurrent with the moment I stopped reading on a device.
When I switch to another android device, the .po is not picked up like before. I have to manually find where I left off on the other device. In any direction, on any android device I own.
Wrote Seany about it, but got an automated response to read the faq (click on "It worked", "thanks for your support" or get this as third choice "Worked!"). That was not really helpful as I already had read the faq and deleted my cache directory with all the .po files on google drive, but that did not help either.
And of course I unlinked and linked back to Gdrive ... Nothing seems to get it back to work.

So, more people ?

Last edited by svda; 04-12-2018 at 07:07 AM.
svda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:09 PM   #540
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Dropbox works fine for me. I don't use Google Drive.

Sent from my Nexus 7