Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Problem with some mobi files on KT

Salute
I have some dictionaries, an assorted collection of Oxford, which I can use them on my laptop with no problem, but the problem is that I cannot use them on my KT. A popup says KT isn't able to open the file. I converted some of them through Calibre, mobi to mobi conversion, but an odd problem occurred after conversion: There is no index for dictionary anymore. Moreover I cannot search while using the dictionary, in other words, It's unable to find any word in the book.
I attached a sample of my dictionaries to see if anyone can help me up.
[Mod: Samples removed due to copyright violation]

Thanks for your help
Al

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-18-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Remove copyrighted attachment.
Pink Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Based on the posts by other K4T K4NT users it seems that these models have some problems with dictionaries in general and are only designed to use the 7 official dictionaries. I.e. they seem to behave like the Kindle apps for PCs and smartphones.
At the moment there's not much you can do other than patching the ASIN number of your dictionaries.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Mobipocket dictionaries have special features that calibre can't convert/create. So doing a Mobi->Mobi on a dictionary in calibre will break the dictionary.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote