Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
Paulc15
Paulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle DX , iPad 1, Kobo Vox
I've lost my home screen

Hi all

Have just returned from Ireland (Vox travelled with me) and I've noticed that my Kobo books home screen has disappeared.

I can access my books through the icons but the "choice of five" recently read books from the home screen has gone.

Any idea what stupid thing I've done? I tried a reset and syncing with Kobo desktop but no joy. I've trawled this forum for other hints. Would prefer not to factory reset if possible.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Paul
Paulc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You can do a Kobo App only reset, if needed. You didn't happen to install another launcher, along the way?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
The 5-book Kobo home screen is actually a widget. To get it back, first make sure the screen is clear of apps and widgets (one line of apps across the bottom is fine.) In the middle of the screen, do a long press until the "Add to Home screen" dialog comes up. Choose Widgets/Kobo Mosaic to get the 5 book widget.

You might have inadvertently dragged it to the trash.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
Paulc15
Paulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura aboutPaulc15 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle DX , iPad 1, Kobo Vox
Jeez, you people are good.

Whatever dumb thing I did (like "trash"), the "Add to Home screen" worked. Thanks for your patience and speedy responses!!

Blessings

Paul
Paulc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's also nice to know that you can put it in the trash if you don't want it on that particular screen .
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 05:34 PM   #6
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
There are even alternative home screen widgets for the Kobo app.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It's also nice to know that you can put it in the trash if you don't want it on that particular screen .

I like the default "mosaic" homepage, as it encourages me to read with my Vox time!
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I enter through the library icon--that way the open book syncs with the kobo server before the book opens--gets me on the right page as I mostly read on my Touch. I thought you were returning the Vox, Anjohl.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:02 AM   #9
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
I enter through the library icon--that way the open book syncs with the kobo server before the book opens--gets me on the right page as I mostly read on my Touch. I thought you were returning the Vox, Anjohl.

Tech support fixed mine, things are fine ATM.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #10
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The 5-book mosaic is a 'widget'. If you tap-hold an empty part of the home screen you should be able to pick an option to add a widget. Choose that and then choose the Kobo Mosaic widget and you should have it back.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
The 5-book mosaic is a 'widget'. If you tap-hold an empty part of the home screen you should be able to pick an option to add a widget. Choose that and then choose the Kobo Mosaic widget and you should have it back.
Nice to see you here, Sameer. Sao also told us about that widget part a few posts back. Now, if you wanna stop by the hacking progress thread and let folks know how to boot into recovery, that would be really, really kewl .
Old 11-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Nice to see you here, Sameer. Sao also told us about that widget part a few posts back. Now, if you wanna stop by the hacking progress thread and let folks know how to boot into recovery, that would be really, really kewl .
Thanks, sorry didn't see that post. I'll see what I can do.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #13
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Thanks, sorry didn't see that post. I'll see what I can do.
You're the best--karma to you .