Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-30-2015, 04:44 AM   #46
laji
Banned
laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: monitor
Both of them; but user categories (see above) was all created from other fields.
All works, thank you for your help.
laji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:25 AM   #47
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by laji View Post
I want to insert here a picture - no way directly from PC...

Did you read the FFAQ ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...eading_posting
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2015, 05:38 AM   #48
laji
Banned
laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.laji can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
No. At quick reply no chance; at clicking on "advanced editing", no chance, too.

For a simple task, to insert an image from my computer, I already spent about 2-3 minutes. If it was not enough, it says not about MY failure, but about a wrong organized forum motor.

Edit
OK, at advanced I found it. Under the "save" button...
So, again: in my opinion, the forum's motor is not enough logical.

Last edited by laji; 08-30-2015 at 04:48 PM. Reason: style
Old 08-30-2015, 05:11 PM   #49
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laji View Post
No. At quick reply no chance; at clicking on "advanced editing", no chance, too.

For a simple task, to insert an image from my computer, I already spent about 2-3 minutes. If it was not enough, it says not about MY failure, but about a wrong organized forum motor.

Edit
OK, at advanced I found it. Under the "save" button...
So, again: in my opinion, the forum's motor is not enough logical.
@laji - there's something wrong with your motor, surely the LOGICAL place to post complaints about the Mobileread site would be in the Mobileread Feedback sub-forum - not in the calibre User Category plugin thread!!

I'll leave it up to you find it.

BR
Old 08-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #50
laji
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@laji - there's something wrong with your motor, surely the LOGICAL place to post complaints about the Mobileread site would be in the Mobileread Feedback sub-forum - not in the calibre User Category plugin thread!!

I'll leave it up to you find it.

BR
I wrote here about the plugin. And, to specify, why I no attach a picture, inserted 1 short sentence. This was the LOGICAL behavior - instead of, to write here, "please, look at there, I explained, what is wrong with this forum motor, and why I am not able to insert here a picture". Being frustrated because of wrong organized Calibre's help, not existing plugin's help, wrong organized forum motor, I was absolutly not interested in starting a new topic about forum motor's defects. First, it's not my job; second, nearly every people elementary understand this failure in forum's motor. Why to start a topic about "2×2=4"? All we know about it.

In my opinion: while you read my post and write your reply, and you started this really long and offtopic discussion, this time will be nearly enough to correct an elementary thing: change order of the "insert image" and "save your reply" buttons in forum motor...
Advert
Old 08-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #51
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@laji - Use of this forum is free, use of calibre is free - that includes the freedom not to use either.

You can download the calibre source and change it to suit your requirements - again for free, you're also free to put your hand up and offer to re-engineer the forum.

I'm done with this exchange.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-30-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:08 AM   #52
mike.propp
mike.propp began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Is there a way (maybe this is a feature request?) to use boolean operations in User Categories? For example, I've tagged magazines as "Magazine". Under a User Category called "Woodworking" I'd want sub-categories "Techniques", "Plans", and "Magazines", with similar sub-categories under a category called "Metalworking". And I'd want a very general User Category called "Magazine".

So, I might take one ebook with "Metalworking" and "Magazine". But it would also display in the "Woodworking" sub-category "Magazines". Is there a way (or could there be a way in a future release) to have a sub-category for Tag1 AND Tag2 (or Author and Tag1 or Author AND Genre or some sort of boolean control?

A possible work around, of course, would be tagging "Magazine", "Woodworking", and "Magazine (Woodworking)" but I'd love to save that extra step. Especially with 1000+ titles under a couple of dozen different categories...

Thanks for your insights, and your plug-in!
mike.propp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #53
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Nice plugin! It's funny it took me almost four years to discover it .

There is just one thing I miss about it: it would be nice if the 'Add or remove selected authors, series, publishers or tags to user categories' menu option include custom columns, too ('Add or remove selected #genres etc.'). Going to 'Manage user categories' to add an item is not very convenient.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:53 AM   #54
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
There is just one thing I miss about it: it would be nice if the 'Add or remove selected authors, series, publishers or tags to user categories' menu option include custom columns, too ('Add or remove selected #genres etc.'). Going to 'Manage user categories' to add an item is not very convenient.
I would like that too
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:33 AM   #55
meads
meads began at the beginning.

Hi kiwidude and other Calibre users,

I have tried to use this [GUI Plugin] User Category with no success. I am using a fresh install of Calibre 2.70 installed today with a small library of books.

When I right click a selected book - the menu doesn't show the menu selections as illustrated in the thread's description.

This looks to be a useful plug if I can get it to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Meads
meads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:03 PM   #56
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

You need to add the plugin to the context menu in Preferences->Toolbars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	152371

BR
Old 10-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #57
meads
meads began at the beginning.

Thanks BR,

I see my 2 mistakes. Thank you!

First I added the plugin to the Toolbar NOT "the Context menu for the books in the calibre library". (Whoops)

Second I have custom entries in the Tag browser but they were made by adding columns. So I added a user category.

Now it works correctly

Thanks so much for your quick reply and the graphic!

Meads
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flyout.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	152374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Context.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	152375  

Last edited by meads; 10-14-2016 at 06:58 PM.
meads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:28 AM   #58
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Is there anyone able to create a modified version of this plugin for me?

I only need the add function, but I need to the ability add both built-in and custom columns to a User Category.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #59
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Is there a way to copy what's in my user categories from one library to another?

Or just have it cover all libraries?

And can I create sub-categories?

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 12-13-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #60
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Is there anyone able to create a modified version of this plugin for me?

I only need the add function, but I need to the ability add both built-in and custom columns to a User Category.
I think it already does that. For instance, I have a user category called "favorites" that includes items from Authors (built in), tags (built in), #mytags (custom)

Quote:
And can I create sub-categories?
Preferences -> Look and feel -> tag browser
categories with heirarchal items

The put a period in the name...
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote