Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Cleansing a no-longer needed 505

I am retiring my wonderful 505 in favor of my new also-wonderful (so far, at least) 950.

I have used Windows Explorer to delete all the books and pictures from the 505.

Short of re-formatting, what else should I do to "cleanse" the ereader? Is there anything else that should be removed e.g. media, meta-data, etc., and, if so, how?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Settings - Advanced - Format Internal Memory
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
If the Readers was authorized to a Sony account you may want to de-authorize before selling. This will make it easier for whoever buys it to register the Reader to their own account.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
If the Readers was authorized to a Sony account you may want to de-authorize before selling. This will make it easier for whoever buys it to register the Reader to their own account.
Yes indeed. I think, but I'm not certain, that you need to have the 505 connected to the computer when you open Sony Reader Library and sign in to your account so that it will see the 505. Then you can choose to de-authorize it. If you forget, as I did with a 600 I sold, CS can do it for you even after you no longer have the reader. But it has to be done before the new owner can purchase books that are authorized by Sony. Non-DRMed books won't be affected.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I authorized my 505 with ADE, but have never had any Sony account set up. Is CTL - E at ADE enough for me?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Settings - Advanced - Format Internal Memory
E, I was hoping to avoid the re-formatting.

What am I missing by doing what I've done, including de-authorizing, but not re-formatting?
Old 11-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Why are you afraid of reformatting? It does exactly what you need.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #8
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Why are you afraid of reformatting? It does exactly what you need.
I, Too extreme for my tastes...unless really necessary.

I prefer to have things under my own control.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Why not just reset to factory defaults in settings? You've deleted contents anyway...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #10
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I authorized my 505 with ADE, but have never had any Sony account set up. Is CTL - E at ADE enough for me?
Check in the 'About' screen on the reader. It will say whether the device is authorised for the Sony Store or for ADE.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote