Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #256
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Some nice things Goodreads folks have had to say about Boomerang.

5 of 5 stars
I was really surprised by this, but it was a great, little page turner. Really funny in parts, very tongue in cheek, short and sweet. Got through it in a couple of sessions, which tells you all you need to know I think.....
unlike 1 like
· see review
Charlotte
Mar 12, 2011

Charlotte rated it 4 of 5 stars
Quirky and fun, in the spirit of a lot of British humour, eg Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
unlike 1 like
· see review
Carol
Dec 25, 2010

Carol rated it 5 of 5 stars
Excellent, funny. Loved the characters! Great story.
· see review

Jack
Feb 28, 2011
Jack rated it 4 of 5 stars · review of another edition
An entertaining, funny thriller. The characters were great fun, especially the Australian sisters. I'll be watching out for more by this author.

312 pages

$0.99

Yes, there is nudity.

Tastefully done.

Well, that might be up for debate.

No animals were harmed in the making of Boomerang, although my dachshund is claiming virtual abandonment during rewrite times.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #257
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, I am doing a giveaway of autographed paperbacks of Boomerang, running through Friday, October 14th. Just purchase the ebook version, which costs $0.99 at any of the ebook retailers like Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Sony, Smashwords and Apple and then stop by Boomerang's Home on the Web to let me know where you got your ebook and why you think it would be cool to have the paperback too. Maybe you would like to give it as a gift, or you think it would be neat to have a really, really rare book on your shelf or nightstand. Doesn't matter, you just need to give a reason.

Then, on Saturday, October 15th, 2011 I will put all the names from the UK in Odie's supper bowl and whichever one he pulls out first will win the autographed paperback. Then I'll put all the names from the US in the bowl and the performance will repeat itself. Two winners, one from each side of the Atlantic.

Here is where you can find Boomerang's Home on the Web.

http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com/

Links to all the places you can purchase Boomerang can be found there, along with lots of reader reviews, sample chapters and even a sneak peak at the next book featuring the main characters from Boomerang.

Thanks! Alan
Old 10-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #258
plumboz
Novelist

Couple of things. No winners in the above mentioned drawing. Sold a fair number of books during that time, but no entries. Bummer. I mean it saved me a bunch of money what with shipping a book to the UK costing about thirteen dollars, but still. Bummer.

Anyway...

New bit of news regarding Boomerang.

All royalties from sales of Boomerang from October 8th through November 24th (that would be Thanksgiving) are going to the Life is good Playmakers Foundation. If you are at all aware of the Life is good company you know they are more than a t-shirt manufacturer. They are a positive force with a great mission and the Playmakers Foundation does wonderful work with kids who are in life challenging situations.

So if you haven't already checked out Boomerang and are interested in doing so, know that anywhere between 35% and 60% of your purchase of $0.99 will go right to the foundation. Paperback sales are included in this too, with my share of those being just over $1.00 a copy on a $13.99 paperback (or $12.95 plus shipping for an autographed copy from me). I am aiming for at least a $75 donation, which means about 150-160 books if the percent sold in the various venues remains the same as what I've been experiencing lately.

Thanks.

Alan

Oh, and thanks to whoever boosted my karma lately! Quite a jump and quite a surprise!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:55 AM   #259
plumboz
Novelist

Readers on both sides of the Atlantic call Boomerang "Fast and funny", "A wonderful quirky caper" and "A film in the waiting". And now until Thanksgiving all proceeds from the sale of Boomerang are going to the Life is good Playmakers Foundation. All details as well as lots of reader reviews and a sneak peek at the next book are at http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com/

Thanks! Alan
Old 10-31-2011, 10:44 AM   #260
plumboz
Novelist

Another very nice review of Boomerang from an Amazon UK reader.

4.0 out of 5 stars fast action and fun filled!, 26 Oct 2011
By
Freddiesmum "Karen" (manchester england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
That about covers it really, its very fast moving and you have to concentrate as there are quite a lot of characters doing a lot of things, all at once, or so it seems!
This does give the story a fast and furious mood, which lends well to the story. I found the descriptions of the funny bits to be very well done, I could easily picture the assorted people and the things going on, it was like an Ealing Studios comedy unfolding in my head! Some real laugh out loud moments, some cringeworthy action....all very well put together I felt.
A nice bit of fun, well worth a read I feel, and I will look for more from this writer.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #261
plumboz
Novelist

Another nice four star review for Boomerang from a UK reader.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 7 Nov 2011
By
Jenni_K - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
Didn't really know what to expect but I'm glad I bought it! a few times it had me chuckling out loud to the amusement of my OH. In places it reminded me of the books by Carl Hiaasen so definitely good value for 71p!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #262
plumboz
Novelist

Hi,

All author proceeds from sales of Boomerang October through Thanksgiving are going to the Life is good Playmakers Foundation. Thank you to everyone who has purchased my comic novel of international intrigue lately. The goal of $100 is seeming a bit ambitious at this point, but one never knows. If you have read Boomerang and enjoyed it, please pass the word!

Best,
Alan
Old 11-21-2011, 09:24 AM   #263
plumboz
Novelist

"On a bright May morning, in the year 1972, J. Edgar Hoover was found dead, sprawled on the carpet in the handsome two-story colonial brick house on Thirtieth Place N.W., Washington DC." So begins Boomerang, which readers on both sides of the Atlantic describe as "A thriller and farce...brilliant!", "Very, very funny" and containing "Delightful characters". Just $0.99 for Kindle, nook, Sony, Kobo or iPad.

http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com
Old 12-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #264
plumboz
Novelist

Thank you to the 109 Kindle, nook and Sony ebook folks who purchased Boomerang in October and November, helping me in my fundraising for Life is good Playmakers.

Happy Holidays to all.

Alan
Old 12-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #265
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Hi Alan

long time no see on here ... Any new works or sequal to Boomerang in the offing yet ???

Regards to your Daschund from our Delta (Staffie cross Border Collie),
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #266
plumboz
Novelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Hi Alan

long time no see on here ... Any new works or sequal to Boomerang in the offing yet ???

Regards to your Daschund from our Delta (Staffie cross Border Collie),
Hi Kevin,

Odie says hi right back to your woofer. :-)

I am in the middle, pretty literally, of a complete rewrite of what will be a stand alone novel with the working title of The Baer Boys. It took me forever to get the first draft done, then I set it aside for a while and after bringing it back out into the light of day it was clear (to me anyway) that a lot of work needed to be done, so that's what I'm doing. Pretty much a complete rewrite. I have set myself a time goal, but I'm not sharing what that is with anyone except the wall in front of my desk and, of course, Odie.

Alan

Old 12-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #267
plumboz
Novelist

Please accept my invitation to have a look at Boomerang.

Available from all the usual ebook retailers.

Thanks!
Alan
Old 12-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #268
plumboz
Novelist

For any UK readers here, I would like to pass on the news that Amazon UK has just lowered the price of Boomerang to a mere £0.61.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boomerang/dp...7605777&sr=8-1

Merry Christmas to all!

Alan
Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #269
plumboz
Novelist

A Belated Happy New Year to all!

Hate to report that the UK price has skyrocketed to 72p, but got to have Truth in Advertising, eh? Still just $0.99 in the USA.

If I might haul out a very nice comment made about Boomerang back on page 2 of this thread by MR member Lilac Jive.

"Everyone should read this, I paid $1.99 for it and it was worth every penny. It's one of those books I think that everyone would enjoy.

(And I'm not just saying this because the author's going to see it, I really did like it)"

The price ain't going anywhere near $1.99 again, but lots of nice readers have spoken up and said no matter the price, Boomerang is a fun read. Won't you have a look?

Lots of reviews, sample chapters and links to all the places Boomerang can be had are right here: http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:06 AM   #270
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Hey Alan,

You know I love Boomerang, but have you got anything new coming SOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
A Belated Happy New Year to all!

Hate to report that the UK price has skyrocketed to 72p, but got to have Truth in Advertising, eh? Still just $0.99 in the USA.

If I might haul out a very nice comment made about Boomerang back on page 2 of this thread by MR member Lilac Jive.

"Everyone should read this, I paid $1.99 for it and it was worth every penny. It's one of those books I think that everyone would enjoy.

(And I'm not just saying this because the author's going to see it, I really did like it)"

The price ain't going anywhere near $1.99 again, but lots of nice readers have spoken up and said no matter the price, Boomerang is a fun read. Won't you have a look?

Lots of reviews, sample chapters and links to all the places Boomerang can be had are right here: http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords