Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-25-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
cajunseo
Zealot
cajunseo began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Printing

I apologize in advance if this is a repeat. I know I saw a post somewhere in which someone was looking for a way to print using the PE. A great app is Printer Share Premium. It isn't a fee app unless you hijack a key code somehow, but it will connect you to most any wireless printer. I have it installed on my PE. I haven't paid for the key code as I'm not sure that I really have a need for it but it will allow you to download and install the app for free. Once you've done that you can see if it will see your printer and print a test page before buying.

I hope the person looking sees this post.

-Micky
cajunseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunseo View Post
I apologize in advance if this is a repeat. I know I saw a post somewhere in which someone was looking for a way to print using the PE. A great app is Printer Share Premium. It isn't a fee app unless you hijack a key code somehow, but it will connect you to most any wireless printer. I have it installed on my PE. I haven't paid for the key code as I'm not sure that I really have a need for it but it will allow you to download and install the app for free. Once you've done that you can see if it will see your printer and print a test page before buying.

I hope the person looking sees this post.

-Micky
Another great resource if you have a Brother Printer is the Brother Print and Share app. It works with my MFC-295CN printer. Like a dream. I can doodle on the screen and print it out
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I agree with cajunseo. Printer Share is outstanding. Amazon gave it away as a Free App of the Day last week. Normally goes for $12.95 but is down to $7.99. If you are going to do a lot of printing it is well worth the investment.

Amazon offers a free Cloud Print App if you are interested.

http://www.amazon.com/paulo-fernande...7055908&sr=1-2

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-26-2011 at 01:05 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
cajunseo
Zealot

thanks jamina. works great from iphone. now i will try looking for the apk and see if i can get it to work from the PE
Old 09-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
solarbanjo
Enthusiast
solarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Entourage Edge
Please note that PrinterShare will work with pretty much any printer - it does not need to be wireless. As long as you have a printer hooked up to a home network, you can download a small program from PrinterShare's site. Their program will allow you to connect to your home printer from anywhere.

The cloud print alternative mentioned by obsessed2 is cheaper and also works, though I have had occasional issues printing pdf's generated on my edge. It also requires that you install something (the Chrome browser) on the machine that is hooked up to your printer at home if you want to print to a cabled printer.
solarbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarbanjo View Post
Please note that PrinterShare will work with pretty much any printer - it does not need to be wireless. As long as you have a printer hooked up to a home network, you can download a small program from PrinterShare's site. Their program will allow you to connect to your home printer from anywhere.
Thanks, Solarbanjo! This is what I needed to know. Our printer is on our network, not wireless itself.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
The cloud print alternative mentioned by obsessed2 is cheaper and also works, though I have had occasional issues printing pdf's generated on my edge. It also requires that you install something (the Chrome browser) on the machine that is hooked up to your printer at home if you want to print to a cabled printer.
You can connect most wireless printers to a Network Router / DSL Modem (or Cable Modem) Combo with a Wireless Access Point. That's how mine is setup. Even though a printer is wireless it can still be connected so users access it via the network so the Cloud option should work. I know the Printer Share works with this setup. BTW, thanks for the info about being able to print using Printer Share to the printer form anywhere.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-26-2011 at 05:21 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:

Good job I can print via our print server - neither of the above options will work with our all OS/2 network and computers.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
cajunseo
Zealot

Jamina, I can't download anything from the android market or Google. Is there any other way to get brother iprint&share apk? Works great from iPhone and I really want it on my PE. any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #10
jamina1
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunseo View Post
Jamina, I can't download anything from the android market or Google. Is there any other way to get brother iprint&share apk? Works great from iPhone and I really want it on my PE. any help from anyone would be appreciated.
You can try the QR code on this page - though I don't know if that just goes to the Android Market. If you can wait until later today I can upload a Tibu backup of my version for you.

https://www.brother-usa.com/download...-printing.aspx
Old 09-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
cajunseo
Zealot

QR codes won't work because the QR readers won't work on the PE. If scanned from another device and emailed to the PE it does go back to the Android Market. I can definitely wait. Not sure what Tibu is though. I guess I'll see. Thanks -Micky
Old 09-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #12
jamina1
Connoisseur

Brother Printing App

Here's the APK. I was going to post the Titanium Backups but I realized this is easier.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BrotherPrintAPK.zip (1.23 MB, 199 views)
Old 09-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #13
cajunseo
Zealot

jamina, that is beautiful. you are a life saver. thanks again -micky
Old 09-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #14
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese
johnseeking began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet (mine), 2nd Gen Kindle 3G (wife's), Literati (kids')
Dang. My HL-2070N never gets any love. Thanks for the apk anyhow. Guess I'll just have to keep looking...

Edit: The driver for the next-down numbered N series (1870N I think?) worked through Printer Share just fine. Glad I snagged that free download the other day after all. ^_^

Last edited by johnseeking; 09-29-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: spoke too soon
johnseeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #15
cajunseo
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnseeking View Post
Dang. My HL-2070N never gets any love. Thanks for the apk anyhow. Guess I'll just have to keep looking...

Edit: The driver for the next-down numbered N series (1870N I think?) worked through Printer Share just fine. Glad I snagged that free download the other day after all. ^_^
printer share was a free download but you still had to pay to activate didn't you?